The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu coin effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3785 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2004-07-26 11:55, dynamiteassasin wrote:
I was just wondering what was your best impromptu coin effect that got your audience in awe? Smile

I like to do the coins across that Michael Ammar does. I have learned to do the coins across two ways so if the spectator wants to see it again I can show it a different way. It is a "must" that the effect use ungimmicked coins. I usually borrow them from the spectators.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
magicofms
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh Pa
57 Posts

Profile of magicofms
"A Questionable Trick" by Greg Wilson Killer impromptu coin effect. From On The Spot
full circle
View Profile
New user
Pascagoula, Ms.
53 Posts

Profile of full circle
Still working on the coin roll.....

John
"A person who can laugh at himself, will never fail to be amused".
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I know one person who has a whole routine just on the coin roll.

He doesn't vanish it, he just makes it walk up and down his fingers. But the way he does it, he makes it look like the fingers don't move at all.

He can get about 5 minutes with the coin roll.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Is the "Questinable Trick" from "On The Spot" like the trick in "Off The Cuff" called "Something For Nothing"?
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Questionable trick is a very simple in the specs hands transposition using seemingly 2 coins that add up to 11 cents - ungimmicked
catch you later

Clarioneer
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Cool! Smile
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I have gotten screaming reactions from the quarter under the spectators watch. I learned this from an old Apocalypse magazine.

I believe thee is a version on the Greg Wilson video "Off The Cuff"
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Its also in on the spot.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Changing two kennedy halves into four quarters using Mike Gallo's "Siamese Coins" is my favourite impromptu coin effect.
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
Yeah, but you need to have the siamese coins, so it's not impromptu!

The best is Greg Wilson's Pen routine. Also Mr. Clean's coins across by Sankey. This is a very similar effect that G. Wilson has on "On the Spot". Also good is Paul Green's "On top, beside or below". With the gaff, you have to improvise (which I do), and it kills people.

If you have guts, G. Wilson has a wonderful routine where the coin travels to the eye, the shoulder, falls from the sky, and ends up under the spectator's watch. It's great fun!
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

I love his coin effect called
Coin Under The Watch
that is taught in
Off The Cuff.
It's simple but really effective. I'm looking for tricks like these. Smile
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I have to agree with ReyRey Puentes about Mike Gallo's 2 halfs to 4 quarters trick. But if you do a little searching you will find that Mike Gallo also has a no gimmick version. I believe it was in Richards Almanac and/or Michael Ammars Encore 3 (or is it 2) book.
Another one I like to do is from the Sol Stone DVD and I think he calls it fusion. It starts of with 2 quarters and you fuse them into one half dollar. Very clean. After that he does a coins across with the 2 quarters. A version of the Tenkia Pennies
hope it helps
:spinningcoin:
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

What can you say about 3/4 Coins across effect? Is it impromptu?
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Quicksilverin on the spot.
bprattmagic
View Profile
New user
Boston
74 Posts

Profile of bprattmagic
While I don't believe there is a BEST impromptu coin trick, or for that matter a BEST anything, becuase it's entirely dependent on the situation and audience, however Dean Dill's No Extras is a very cool barehanded matrix, which can be done with 4 borrowed coins of any denomination, or any four small objects. This is something fun to play around with.

Ben
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
I like Sankey's Messiah Vanish, I also like that vanish "GONE!" I'm not sure what it's original name is "assuming it has one" but that is a good one.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Mr. Clean coins across - Jay Sankey
Coin to Watch - Gregory Wilson
Trapeze Trio - Apollo Robbins
Flurry - David Roth
A quick hanging coins - Kainoa Harbottle
full circle
View Profile
New user
Pascagoula, Ms.
53 Posts

Profile of full circle
Have seen David Roth`s "Expert Coin Magic" Vol. 2 video & it`s to tough for me. I need something for intermediate level. Is Mike Gallo`s video`s impromptu & a little easier?

John

What is Greg Wilson`s Pen routine all about? Does it use a gimmick?

John
"A person who can laugh at himself, will never fail to be amused".
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Greg Wilson's pen routine is called RECAP.

Recap - The stuff legends are made from. Perhaps the most popular trick invented in the last 10 years. Stand in line to see a show at the Magic Castle, and I bet you someone's doing this for people while their waiting. What is Recap? It's an eye popping five-phase routine with a borrowed pen and its cap that you will use everyday - everywhere you go! (this version is taught in Off The Cuff)

ReCap Revisited - Gregory's classic, as you've never seen it. Greg's added new subtleties, moves and brilliant new ending where the pen is pulled from the pencap! (this version is taught in On The Spot)

This routine is taught by Michael Ammar I believe in Art Of Astonishment. It is totally impromptu. You just have to have a pen with a cap then you're ready for RECAP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu coin effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL