The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu coin effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
Definitely 3/4 across from On The Spot.
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
My favorite coin effects are from Gregory Wilson.

I like all of the coin effects he has on his 'On the Spot' videos.
Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
Revolution or coins through table.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
If there is a coin lying around, I tend to go right into my coin to pocket effect, followed by a couple of vanishes and then into a coin in pen cap routine (if there's a pen lying around). It's probably one of the strongest things I do with ordinary objects.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Most of my Impromptu Coin Magic are from David Roth. I do a version of his Coins Across and I us the Lamaske move to make a coin re-appear.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-03-28 02:26, BLSmagic wrote:
I just shortened the coins across with the surprise ending that's on one of his "Coin Miracles" DVDs. I simply have a person hold their hands out together, I roll a coin, do a vanish and then the coin drops into their hand. So it appeared in mid-air(gasp). For such a simple effect that can be set up within a few seconds and only requires 2 coins that are the same, it gets hilarious reactions. 100% of the time the spectators look straight up in the air and stare.

Hi BL
I can't picture this
Can please you explain it a bit more?
TJ
:)
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
If I can sit at a table, I find Coins Thru Table is stronger than Coins Across.
Coin in Pen Cap is very strong (I do Dan Harlan's three-part version).
But probably the impromptu coin effect that gets me the strongest response is Mike Ammar's One-Finger Spellbound -- it looks like the coin never leaves their sight. I use it to change a loonie into a silver dollar or a toonie.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Here are some that I am using / working on:

Pile of Change - a coin transposition (a penny to a quarter) using the spectator's change by Richard Sanders (appears on the Richard Sanders Show vol. 1).

Sh4de - shadow coin / chink-a-chink routine with four coins by Daniel Garcia. I've started to do the routine called "Only Four" from DGP vol. 2 as it is shorter.

Personal Safe - coins across in a spectator's hands. I learned this originally from Daniel Garcia's lecture notes called "Blueprints" but it also appears on DGP vol. 1.

Quarters - a coin through glass routine by Daniel Garcia that appears on DGP vol. 3 (I'm still working on this one as it uses a sleight that is new to me).
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17307 Posts

Profile of joseph
Coin that falls up....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
My favourite impromptu coin routine is a one coin sequence.

I Produce a coin, or borrow one, and do some coin rolls.
Then I do the coin that falls up, followed by a left hand vanish (terention pass) and reproduction from the right sleeve.
Then I execute a right hand vanish (french drop) and reproduce the coin from under my right elbow.

Then I do and spider vanish and appartenly vanish the coin completly.
In the end I blow the coin out of my nose (or, if I happen to have a jumbo coin with me which do happens some times I make the coin magically grow).

I've used this sequence as a table-hopping opener as well.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
617 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2005-08-27 07:00, joseph wrote:
Coin that falls up....

Joseph, I do this one a lot. And after making it fall up, I say "and do you know how that is done?" They say "no". Then I say "it's a rubber coin" and do the rubber coin move then drop the coin on the table, and watch them grab the coin to try and flex it, but they can't.

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
Be on the look out for a wonderful impromptu coin effect by David Parr. It is his version of the Max Maven effect Positive/ Negative. Max's version can be found on his L&L Close Up Mentalism DVD. David's effect should make its appearance in the October Magic Magazine or so I hear. I will say no more...BUT I am interested in hearing what you think of it.
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2004-07-29 05:03, Eirik wrote:
Muscle pass, not exactly easy to do, but a real treat to watch...

-e-

Exactly where can I learn Muscle Pass? I.E. a part of a dvd or a dvd itself taught by a coin magician on learning this wonderful skill/move? Thanks.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Evolve, Dan has a video and details of the muscle pass on his website. http://www.coinvanish.com
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Under the 'Foundations' Link.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu coin effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL