The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secrets of Deception Revealed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I am not sure that I got the exact title.

But I watched this the other night. They taught the various methods of gambling cheats and such. They discussed methods of palming, misdirection, etc.

They even brought in Ortiz in to show how everything was done.

Was it exposure? I don't know. They did reveal many methods of card tricks and such...but I actually enjoyed the show. I wonder why Ortiz would reveal these methods to a public audience however.

Seance methods and mentalist methods were also revealed.

Thoughts anyone?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
I saw a special on television many months ago that featured a segment with Jamy Ian Swiss. It was how cheaters have cheated in Las Vegas... switching dice on table games, using shoe computers, etc.

It also had a clip of Jamy Ian Swiss tossing 3 card monte. It gave a brief rundown on the scam. It also revealed the basic hype move.

The bottom line of the show was just that cheating is a bad gamble and playing 3 card monte will put you on the fast track to losing money. Smile
vernal
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vernal
Why do I always miss these specials? I check http://www.tvmagicguide.com/ all the time.

FWIW, I have trouble thinking that Darwin O. would expose anything. Shoe computers no problem, but moves?
"Finger-flinging has about as much relation to magic as a Jazz Band has to Music." - J.B. Bobo. (I don't agree with the jazz comparison, but I still think the quote is funny.)

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Darwin Ortiz exposed Card Holdouts, Palming cards, chips etc.

He exposed other moves.

I found it hard to believe as well..until I saw him do it.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secrets of Deception Revealed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL