The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I on the Right Track? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Greetings Fellow members:

This is my first post in this section!

I am about to endevour into the realms of street performing & need some advice from you all-being the experienced performers you are!

I have worked Cabaret/Stage for many years as well as entered many competitions & soley for the love of entertaining wish to perform street magic which I have never done!

I have a very good act, indoors, so I am thinking using about 5 or 6 effects in a briefcase with 1 table, (portable set up) & ghetto blaster to perform 10-15 mins.

Consisting of effects possibly, Linking Rings, Fire Bowl, Silk vanishes etc. to music. Then 6 card repeat, diminishing cards etc. with audience interaction as well with lots of comedy etc.

Am I on the right track for length of time, carry small play big etc. most shows will be in big city at night for effect etc.?

We don't need licences here as long as we don't annoy retailers etc. I checked with the local council.

I'm really excited about this as it opens up a whole new field for me but need any advice off you regular performers on the street etc. about effects, dos & don'ts.

Thank you for any advice given & have a pleasant day to you all!

-Brent
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Brent
One thing you will hear a lot on hear is "it is not about the trick it is about the performer" which I am sure you know.
Three tricks I think for this time at max, and your first one needs to be a good crowd puller unless you have another idea. I suggest something you can work over until you have your crowd, Linking rings could be a good one. I use three Shell Game, (I never get trouble when I do it).

Ghetto blaster, well I think not, rather learn to work your crowd. Audience interaction is a must together with a good strong finish. Most important don’t forget you all important hat lines.
Mario
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Mario-

Thanks for the advice. I'll definetly take it all on board.

I've been offered a stint at a local busy market on Sundays for 3-4 hrs. Hundreds of people are there & I'm the only performer/ Entertainer.

They have had bad experiences with Busker/Singers in the past so looks good for Magic!

I'll only do a couple of things to music over 2 acts a bit of visual magic. The rest will be interaction etc.

Thanks again

-Brent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I on the Right Track? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL