The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's and then...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I have Bobo's modern coin magic and it has helped me greatly to discover methods used in coin magic. Now I'm looking for something with newer inovative methods. I've heard Revolutionary coin magic is good, but I honestly don't enjoy Jay Sankey. Is there anything comparable to Revolutionary Coin magic (something beyond the classic methods) Thanks in advance
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
From Downs to Greater Magic, to the Buckley Books and beyond, much to choose from.

Have you read Expert Coin Magic? That's the book on David Roth's work. Or perhaps CoinMagic, both by Richard Kaufman. From the 1980s and pretty good for moving beyond Bobo's.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Books:-
Have you got modern coin magic or new modern coin magic (if you've only got the former, get the latter)
The Unexpected Visitor- Doug Brewer
Totally Out of Control - Chris Kenner (Some Coin Stuff)
Unexplainable acts - Gary Kurtz (Some Coin Stuff)
Coin Magic - Kaufman
David Roth - Expert coin magic (Still waiting for my copy but I hear it's good)
Magic by Gosh - Albert Goshman

DVD/ Video
Creating Magic - Gary Kurtz
Expert Coin Magic Made Easy - David Roth
Quick & Casual - Sol Stone
Goshman Performs - Albert Goshman (Performance only..get the book too!!)
Rune Klan - 3 Pieces of Silver
Cultural Exchange 1&2 (some coin stuff)
Visual Voodoo - Nate Kranzo
Lets get Flurious - Gary Kurtz

Most of these are fairly difficult, if you are looking for a good grounding get the Roth stuff. If your looking for a challenge get Kurtz, Kenner. If you live in the UK don't get the Goshman stuff...I want to be the only one using that Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
* I left out a biggie: from 1975 Al Schneider On Coins, still available from the author.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Roth's Expert Coin Magic by Kaufman. I love this book and read it constantly.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Check out David Stones work on his 2 videos..
I absolutely loved them .. exactly what you are looking for I promise!
Tom
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Chris korn's and dean dill's stuff I herd is pretty god also. Smile
Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
CLOSE-UP ILLUSIONS has not been named yet it has some cool stuff on coins. you know how bobo's and coinmagic will have difrent peoples variations on a sleight and you can pick which works best for you routine? well close-up illusions has that for the french drop but then the end has gary's Ultimate version which is a combonation of the best bits of the others.
ask harry why he dont want people to know he makes $200 a month for all these ads! thats like $4000 a month! oh but SHHH! harry isnt a real person!
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
Michael Ammar's coin magic introduction is good and so are the david roth expert coin magic tapes.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Ammar ! Smile
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Thanks for all the help. I think Roth and Ammar are great, but are still leaning toward the "classic" methods. Nothing wrong with that, but I was looking for methods similar to Jay Sankey's. He is so creative- his personality just isn't for me though. I might check out some of the other stuff listed. Thanks everyone!
joef90
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of joef90
Try Kainoa Harbottles "coins on edge" for creative non-"classic" stuff - its classic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's and then...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL