The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » RNT II Black Beauty Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
***, Bill. That picture is really you, isn't it? I always thought that the picture of the old wizard with the hat, long hair and beard was something you found somewhere but after meeting you in Houston, I noticed the resemblance greatly. Is that really you under all of that? If so, where did you get that stuff and take that picture?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yep, that picture is really me. The costume is the one I wore at the Texas Renaissance Festival for the ast 23 years of the time I performed there. Actually, I replaced the costume about once every three years, so I suppose that, all told, I had eight of them like it.

The photo was taken at Kaye Marvins' photo studio in Houston. I did a swap-out for publicity photos in exchange for performing at the annual banquet of the Texas Photographers' Association. I took several items with me, and Mike Marvins, who is the photographer, liked the idea of a wizard sitting at a table full of "wizard toys."

The costume was designed by a professional costume designer who worked for various theatrical groups in Houston. The prop is the Hand of Cleopatra from ZZM.

The full photo has more goodies in it.

BTW, at the TAOM, I spent as much time in RNT II's booth as I did mine. They were next to me. I showed a number of people the "squeeze" test on the Black Beauty cups. I would squeeze them as hard as I could between both hand, until they assumed an oval shape. Then when I released my grip, they returned to their original shape. Try that with a set of Royal cups!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
Bill, I wouldnt have recognized you. I saw you on a video on Lee Earles website :

http://www.mentalismunlimited.com/illuminati.html
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
The more I work with them the more I love those little black cups. So light, so strong and so visually contrasting.

I can do a full cup and ball routine and age old classic right out of my pockets for virtually anyone, anywhere, anytime.

I have been using the bright yellow Empire Multiplying Golf Balls for final loads since I carry and perform them anyway and they just happen to fit perfectly.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I've found myself carrying the Black Beauty cups everywhere I go because they are so light and durable. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the balls that accompany the set are the perfect size and will sit and nest atop a cup. I don't think I'll ever go back to heavy mini cups again. This is by far the most practical set I've ever owned.

By the way, the Rings 'N Things 2 site has been redesigned and reengineered to accept payments via Paypal. Please visit http://www.rnt2.com for the latest news and products.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » RNT II Black Beauty Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL