The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Flash Silk Appear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jaystyles
View Profile
New user
San DIego, Ca
28 Posts

Profile of jaystyles
Hey guys my question has anyone seen Flash Silk appear in which a magician with a flick of the wrist makes a silk appear in his finger tips? I seen this effect done 5 years ago with Joseph Gabriel on Magic on Manhatten when I lived in New York before the Navy decided to ship me out. I know Tannen's use to have them but don't know anymore. I'm looking to buy it in bulk for my shop but I need a lead on where to get them at. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Jay
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jay,

Lucy starts her "Big Spender" routine this way. She starts with empty hands and uses the Flash Silk Appearance silk to produce a wine glass. There is really nothing to buy! Contact her here on The Café or check Rice's. (She is not stuck with a gimmick! She has no way to get rid of it.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Oscar Munoz has a great way of producing a single silk. Send him an e-mail, you'll have to do a search.
I'm told McBride teaches one in his Commando series.
If you don't have Rice's silk encyclopedia, they're worth owning.

Happy Hunting
Kregg
POOF!
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Jay, I would try Tannen's again in a couple of weeks (they will be in their new location beginning August 2nd). I know they had a few of them in April. So it may be hard to find everything. And if I am not mistaken it was in one of their clearance sale bins. In case you don't know (although you probably do), you must be wearing a jacket to use the Flash Silk Appear g*****k.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My understanding is that Jay is looking for something to sell. For the one that many of us really use in stage shows, there is no gimmick to sell. (Yes, a sleeve of some sort is necessary for both methods.) This has been treated in another forum.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Roodsnavel
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
42 Posts

Profile of Roodsnavel
Quote:
On 2004-07-30 23:25, Bob Sanders wrote:
My understanding is that Jay is looking for something to sell. For the one that many of us really use in stage shows, there is no gimmick to sell.

Vito Lupo sells a beautiful gimmick for a flash silk appearance

Harry
Greetings from Holland

Harry

God Bless You All!!!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jay,

Try this forum. Talk to Levent.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=54

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I think that Edwin was the first one to sell this trick from Carlos Corda. Tannen stole his idea in 70`s. I remember how mad was Edwin to see Tannens add with drawings of Silvan performing silk production. I use this silk production as my opener and have 2 gimmicks. My good friend and mentor Helmut Ziegler showed me his method that was published later by Alexander de Cova. You don`t need to perform it as an opener and only in one position silk can be produced.
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
Anyone have Vito Lupo new contact like email?

Thanks!
TS
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I use a flash silk, as far as I remember that is the name of the unit. I could be wrong, but I think it was made by Mephisto. It's very simple in construction, comfortable to wear and according to the instructions, you could have it ready and do other effects as you only need to extend your arm to make the silk appear. However I always start with it, as I find it's not that easy to have it loaded for a long time.

I don't know whether the effect has a copyright or is it public domain. If it happens to be public domain, it's quite simple to construct yourself or subcontract the work.
Sent from my Typewriter
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
McBride's method is pretty good on his commando set. But it can only be done as an opener.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
CARLOS CORDA silk production is one of the most magical ways to produce a silk.

It's rarely seen, french magician PATRICK DROUDE use it regularly in his "clockwork orange" act.

He also sells the gimmick in his lectures.

ARNO
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
449 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2004, bojanbarisic wrote:
I think that Edwin was the first one to sell this trick from Carlos Corda. Tannen stole his idea in 70`s. I remember how mad was Edwin to see Tannens add with drawings of Silvan performing silk production. I use this silk production as my opener and have 2 gimmicks. My good friend and mentor Helmut Ziegler showed me his method that was published later by Alexander de Cova. You don`t need to perform it as an opener and only in one position silk can be produced.

Tell me please in what lecture Alexander teaches this?
Thank You!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Flash Silk Appear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL