The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predictions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Is there a method in print for doing a mass prediction?
Like sending hundreds of people a signed letter with a prediction?
{other then the old matematical way}

And what about making verbal prediciton live?
i'm a were of the Hoy way.
Is there any other way?

Yaniv Deautsch
pwagorn
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of pwagorn
that's a great idea. I'm surprised nobody has done that as a sort of advertising gimmick....
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Quote:
On 2002-08-06 14:54, pwagorn wrote:
that's a great idea. I'm surprised nobody has done that as a sort of advertising gimmick....

Dah! Not only have I done so I'm certain others here have and I know that Eddie Joseph was doing it in the mid-1930s (mainly because I use his material when I do so e.g. "Mail Mentalism") I've also published a Halloween season Ghost Story about Houdini visiting me in a dream and teaching me a Card Trick that, when the readers of the article follow the instructions, the trick actually works (also Mail Mentalism).

Yes it's mathematical but it is very effective!

Get Banachek's "Psychological Subtlties" and you will find a load of bits that can be worked (you'll need to play with it) via this same medium. I've used some of those insights with great success through the mails (you'll have to subscribe to Psychic Technologies to find out what I did.)

Last August for "National Psychic Month" I was on the Buzz A.M. Radio in Reno, NV. I made a cold prediction and stated that I believed these "calamities" would come about within 3-4 weeks... definately within 4 weeks... Four weeks to the day what I had described happened e.g. The 9/11 WTC event.

How? You ask.

Don't ask! I'll just say that it's on the records and it wasn't a "lucky guess" as some would hint at or elude to. Smile

HOWEVER if yuo want a clue as to how to make such predictions, look up some of Jack Dean's material. I forget the title, but Jack had a great formulary on long range, broad prediction forecasting.

Best of luck!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
i thinks what Darmoe talking about is
" SHOOTSAYER " by Jack Dean...

check this adress, and you will find what you want....http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft/plistings/list/all/dept2/index.html

take care

kuffs
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Thanks Patrik and yes you are very correct. Soothsayer by Jack Dean has ALL the info you need to do reliable predictions from the stage.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Darmoe, and anyone else that uses Jack Dean's Soothsayer....

Have any of you continued the "algorithm" thats contained in the book ? I have this book and was wondering if anyone has kept up with the events of the world and documented them, continued with the info?

E-Leoni.
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Quote:
On 2002-08-07 09:28, E-Leoni wrote:
Darmoe, and anyone else that uses Jack Dean's Soothsayer....

Have any of you continued the "algorithm" thats contained in the book ? I have this book and was wondering if anyone has kept up with the events of the world and documented them, continued with the info?

E-Leoni.

Lots of resourses on the web on historical timelines of major events. Check this site out for some interesting info:

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/timelinearchive.html
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
E-Leoni,

I am awaiting my copy of this book. As a history major and pol sci nut, once I have it, I for one will keep up the algorithm, sounds interesting!

Kevin Smile
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
John Macmillan,thank you so much for the info. I relly apreciate it. What a great site. I once looked around on the net, and did searches, but I never came up with that one. Thank you again.

Kevin, also looking forward to what you will do with it. Keep me posted with it if you can.

E-LEoni.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I recently recieved my copy of Soothsayer. A nice bit of work. I am working on updating the algorithm.

I was doing some work on the stock market algorithm and man..there is some good stuff to work with in this area! I think there are some good tie in with othter areas.

I am thinking about expanding many of the algorithm to a larger scale. I am not sure, if this is a good idea for the time involved..comments??

At any rate, I like this little book and plan on working on it.

Kevin Smile
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-08-29 22:57, Sir T wrote:
I recently recieved my copy of Soothsayer. A nice bit of work. I am working on updating the algorithm.

I was doing some work on the stock market algorithm and man..there is some good stuff to work with in this area! I think there are some good tie in with othter areas.

I am thinking about expanding many of the algorithm to a larger scale. I am not sure, if this is a good idea for the time involved..comments??

At any rate, I like this little book and plan on working on it.

Kevin Smile

The Dean book gave me some ideas as well...

Is anyone interested in taking this discussion to Secret Sessions?
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
If something that "special" is going to be discussed I'd suggest some private chats and Email... keep it well secured!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predictions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL