The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. Clean coins across or 3/4 across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I was wondering (for those of you who are familiar with both effects) which you prefer, 3/4 Across (Greg Wilson on the Spot) or Mr. Clean Coin Across (Jay Sankey (Rev. Coin magic and other sources) I realize they are in essence the same effect, but they do look slightly different. For those of you who have performed these, which do you use. I've used 3/4 across because that was the first one I learned. Do you think there is a difference for the audiences point of view? Thanks
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It depends how well you can do the Goshman pinch.
using quaters may be easier..
like you mentioned it is the same trick.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
I prefer Mr. Clean as it is face on with the spectator(s). Turning to the side feels awkward, for me anyway.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
This is rare, but for once I actually like sankey's version better Smile
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I prefer Sankey's handling of the last coin. It's bold, but I think Wilson's looks a little funny.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
The last coin is the only thing I DON'T like in Sankey's handling. I like his handling of the second coin better though. The move seems to make more sense the way he does it if you know what I mean. I've never tried the Sankey version on spectators though, just the Wilson version. Maybe I'll try it out. Any other thoughts?
jsmagus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jsmagus
I also use the 3/4 across bacause it was the first one I learned. I have never done Mr. Clean for anyone, as Sankey's version requires more profeciency with the pointing transfer than 3/4 does.
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
I first used 3/4 across, but as soon as I saw Sankey's Mr. Clean Coins across, I started using it.

I think I prefer being face on instead of side on, plus I like the move for the last coin better too.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Very interesting thoughts. I'm currently doing a combination of both, but have not tried it yet on an audience other than my wife, but she thought it looked more convincing than 3/4 across, so that must be a good thing
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I use jay sankey's mr clean coin's across myself although I have changed it so I can have the last coin go to the spectator's hands as I feel it lacks a climax.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Interesting. Does the spectator ever catch on to the fact that there are 3 coins instead of too. It seem a bit bold, but if it works, that would be a terrific finish! Thanks for the help.
Dann
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I perform either a hpc into a spectator's hand's then tug on their thumb to get the last coin or drop the two coin's into their hand's and sleeve the last coin so I can show the hand empty ,get some one to hold my left wrist then make the last coin appear by tugging on the thumb as before.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Oh cool, so it's like Mr. Clean Coins across mixed with Ammar's incredible coins across? Sounds like a good idea.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Workine one behind is good for the middle of a routine. The fake counting and non-sequitor ending need some work though.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
The truth is no matter how well you do goshman pinch, doing the move twice in a row is going to raise some eyebrows on some people. If you could really make a coin invisibly travel, you wouldn't even once bring your hand near the other. You certainly wouldn't do it twice. I like to mix it up and throw in a sylvester pitch. The hands don't have to come near eachother.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like Sankeys version. However, on the rare occasion that I don't have a perfect Tenkai Pinch, I will casually turn a little sideways (ala Greg Wilson) to avoid flashing the coin. I do this very naturally telling them I will hold my hands far apart. (goes with the flow of things)
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Platt, How would the sylverster pitch work with this routine. I've been trying to work it out, but I can't seem to figure out how you would do it. I'm familiar with the move, but don't see how it would fit into this routine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of flipped
Mr clean across and 3/4 across both are the same but I actually like sankeys version better
guaranteed_fresh
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
20 Posts

Profile of guaranteed_fresh
For some reason the transpo of the last coin is the most effective for me. The clinking sound really fools them. Keepin' it simple.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. Clean coins across or 3/4 across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL