The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Qualatex balloons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I was wondering where to get the 260 quatlatex balloons at for the lowest price?

Thank you
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
I get mine from Cozmic balloons in cornwall.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
From your local dealer...

...without whom all of magic suffers.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
T. Myers has pretty good prices with discounts for bulk buys. Balloons and Clowns is also a great source.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
Quote:
On 2004-08-01 17:04, MarkTripp wrote:
From your local dealer...

...without whom all of magic suffers.

Yep, you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but who's the person who watches you fluff up tricks as a beginner, gives you advice about the business when you've learnt a bit, chases up that obscure order that he knows just isn't you, and sends odd jobs your way when you're ready...

Like you Mark, I've got a lot of time for my local dealer.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7435 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I prefer to buy some magic and magic supplies from my local dealer. However, in some cases, I will deal with other dealers and mail order.

However, for balloons I am not going to pay the price that my local magic dealer charges. They are nearly twice the price of a wholesaler. Because I own and run a magic business, and because I am comfortable ordering ten or twenty packages at a time, I can purchase wholesale.

Here is where I purchase mine from in Canada: http://www.thepartybazaar.com/ I had to show proof of business ownership before I could open an ordering account with them.

Note, their wholesale prices are better in person than what is listed online. I *think* what is online might be their retail price, I pay less than that. (I usually call first to verify the current price, then order by mail).

Bazaar and Novelty also has a larger selection. I can order solid colours, special types (hearts, blossoms, etc), etc.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jsmagus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jsmagus
I would use a local shop if I only had one. The closest magic shop to me is 4 hrs. away. Smile If you want, try http://www.larocks.com
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
My Local dealer charges £6.99 a bag, and only keeps a few bags in store for general customers who want to try modelling or have bought/won a small kit and want to try more. On one occassion he ran out and needed some quick and got them off me.

I buy my 260's 5000 at a time, I had 5000 last month and I'm about to order another 5000 today as I'm down to my last 600, which will just about see me through this week. Coz has them delivered to my door in a matter of days, and I get them at a very good price mbecause I buy all my balloons from him, not only the 260's so he makes a lot of money from me.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
stu-di-doo
View Profile
Regular user
Cumbria, UK
160 Posts

Profile of stu-di-doo
Hi Clive

Does Coz have a website or any other contact details?

Cheers

Stu Di Doo
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Rainbow balloons in Chesire are probaply the cheapest. But Coz are good.
Matt
(So good to be back!)
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
For folks in the U.S. I second the recommendation for LaRocks - http://www.larocks.com
I have found that their price and service are superb.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Café member Nums (Jeff) has some of the best prices on the East coast (USA). Plus Jeff and his wife Laura are two of the nicest people around. You can email him directly at: nothinupmysleeve@hotmail.com

Or check his website:

http://balloonbaffoon.com
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I would first check your area's yellow pages to see if there is a balloon distributor. That's what I did and found a place that will sell to me for about $4.25 per bag (100).

I used to buy from LaRocks, but had problems with defective balloons (lots of popping). I contacted them, and they got me in touch with Qualatex, who had me send the balloons back for replacement (I had over 20 bags - all seemed bad). It was a hassle and an extra expense, but I finally got my balloons.

After that, I started ordering from TMyers, and never had a problem. I think TMyers keeps the balloons in a more controlled environment - I don't know, but that's my guess.

Now I get all my balloons locally. The place I go to does their best to make me feel unwanted (worst customer service I've seen), but I like being able to hop in the car once every 6 months to get balloons.

BTW, the last time I checked, my local magic shop was charging over $8.00 per bag. I'd like to support them, but not at that price.

Ron
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Love em or hate em, the best prices I've found are here...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=229

Add in the 10% discount for return customers and free shipping, and this already very low price is even better.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Wal-mart ???
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Yep, ive just ordered some qualatex from them to see what they are like. UK guys http://www.penguinmagic.co.uk free shipping and 2 bags cost me $7.90 not sure in £. they arrived today and they are good, just checked website they were £2.21 per bag!! and they are now sold out! not bad considering it costs them 4.50E to ship them to me.

Matt
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yuppers, Penguin at $3.95 a bag. However, they run out quickly, I bought several bags last go around.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Get it from them directly usballoonco.com I not sure if the co belongs there check it out.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Candini is that a new pic with mac king?
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Hi Guy's a duff hard drive has kept me away for a few days. Luckily they were able rescue my business files and transfer them to the new hard drive. I'd been so busy I hadn't backed up for a couple of weeks so a lot would have been lost.

REMEMBER TO BACK UP REGULARLY IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!

<<<< ive just ordered some qualatex from them to see what they are like. UK guys http://www.penguinmagic.co.uk free shipping and 2 bags cost me $7.90 not sure in £.>>>>>

That is expensive! As long as you buy over 40 quids worth Coz does not charge postage, which means his qualatex balloons work out at about £4 a bag.

It all depends on how many you get through, I use 1000's every month, others use less than a bag. Those that only use a few and don't order in bulk will always end up paying more.
If you only use a few it may be cheaper if you have a mate who uses loads, to buy your bags off him. If he's a mate he should sell you the odd bag at cost, I'd never try and make a profit from a mate.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Qualatex balloons (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL