The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Completely Cold" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
I had to read for some "real psychics" as one of many tests for a psychic phone line. CC got me the job! Maybe I was just lucky, but I trust the system and continue to use it along with all of the other reading skills I worked so had to find and perfect.

Dave.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
The system works, but if you don't have full or at least partial cold reading knowledge you can be caught with your panths down. I don't know how maney times I've had someone say, so does the girl fancy me?

I'm afraid that a lot of jargon and half answers will simply not do for this sort of person. The system will make you more convincing, but from time to time you get the cold reading blocking client who will stay quiet while you prattle on. At times like this the system falls flat. These people know you are pumping for info and will not give any other response, not even a yes or no. You might get a go on from them.

Don't get me wrong. The system will greatly help you already learn skills and will help you give a tiny reading with a talkative person using the system along, but as a professional I simply couldn't see how this system alone could function for a sustained period.

In saying that, overpriced as it was, I'm glad I got it, though first-timers might be pretty annoyed with it.
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I have commented on this subject many times on this forum, and I guess I'll do it again. My experience in the craft of psychic readings comes from over two decades of successful professional application in the areas of psi parties and corporate functions.

Unfortunately, much of what is available on this subject on the magic/mentalism market is pretty useless to anyone with the desire really to develop the skills needed to perform successfully credible psychic readings. In my opinion, some of the worst material would include dreck like Completely Cold which purports to offer a linguistic shortcut to convincing readings. There are no shortcuts to learning much of what you need to know to excel in this craft.

The true secret to credible, successful readings is a sincere life-long interest in understanding people and their situations in life, a thorough background in sociology and psychology, an overall familiarity of occult lore and specific methodologies involving divination, and a desire to put the well-being of your clients first. And it doesn't hurt to be well-based in the performance arts and the concept of showmanship.

But most of all, you should actually like people and sincerely care about them.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Completely Cold is not bad. It would have made a nice chapter in a larger book, or an interesting essay in a magazine. If it was $10 I would recommend it.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1863 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I agree with much of what Joe Z says, but there is a kind of irony with Completely Cold in that it IS advertised as the ultimate readings short cut but the very people looking for such a thing are unlikely to put CC to good use. The very people who WILL and DO put it to good use are the more life-experienced guys who sincerely want to help people.

Regards,

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Completely Cold" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL