The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to get snap coin purses? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Michael:

I sent you an email two days ago, asking for a picture of the wallet...No response yet...Did you get the mail?

Thanks,
Daniel
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3794 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Daniel, I never got a note from you - send me a PM here, or to my e mail, rubinsteindvm@aol.com. Thanks, Mike
First edition sold out in RECORD TIME, but don't despair, you can still get your signed copy and special FREE GIFT ( only available when you order from me)!! Taking pre-orders NOW!! Second printing shipping in one week, so don't wait!!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! To pre-order, email me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com for info.
ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Since last year I have been thinking of adding Kranzo's Stoned Purse to my close up routines.

Are they similar in shape and look to Ton Onasaka purses?

Thanks in advance.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
I just received one from Elmwood Magic, it is the same as the one I bought earlier only it was $3.00 less. BUT THEY CHARGED ME $40.00 TO MAIL IN A PLAIN ENVELOPE!
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
I just received one from Elmwood Magic, it is the same as the one I bought earlier only it was $3.00 less. BUT THEY CHARGED ME $40.00 TO MAIL IN A PLAIN ENVELOPE!

40 bucks postage for a purse...holey moley!

Mike
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'll take a picture of the purses I'm talking about and post them. They are a leatherette material but I really like the shape. I bought a whole bunch because I wanted magicians to have them instead of little old ladies. I know, I'm mean.

I just never got around to putting them on my website.

I've discovered that depending on the effect, you need a different purse.

I think I'm going to get one of Michael Rubinstein's purses too. Can't hurt.

Frank

Quote:
On 2004-08-06 09:27, Harris wrote:
Since last year I have been thinking of adding Kranzo's Stoned Purse to my close up routines.

Are they similar in shape and look to Ton Onasaka purses?

Thanks in advance.

Harris

I bought this effect. Yes, the purse is an Onasaka purse.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Quote:
On 2004-08-08 12:45, mike gallo wrote:

40 bucks postage for a purse...holey moley!

Mike

Eh, sorry. That should be $4.00 for mailing, not $40.00. The moral of the story: Buy more than one item to avoid a rip-off on mailing charges.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Buy more than one item to avoid a rip-off on mailing charges

Ya gotta love that postal system Smile!

Mike
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Just a quick follow up to the post from Mr Lucas.

Mr Lucas wrote: “I just received one from Elmwood Magic, it is the same as the one I bought earlier only it was $3.00 less. BUT THEY CHARGED ME $40.00 TO MAIL IN A PLAIN ENVELOPE!”

For the record we did not ship the order in a “plain envelope” the order was shipped with Delivery Confirmation via Priority Mail. The MINIMUM charge for Priority Mail by the US Post Office is $3.85.

It’s true that it would be cheaper to ship an item like this in a normal envelope, but then we would have no way of confirming its receipt by the customer. Normally I would let something like this go, but I really dislike the implication that WE some how ripped off a customer.

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
Owner – Elmwood Magic
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
PAUL,

It is highly unlikely that I did not remember the package the purse arrived in, but at this point I cannot swear to it. On the basis of poor memory I will go along with your claim that it was 3 day priority that would account for the $3.99 charge; however, I would rather have it sent regular mail that would have been less than $1.00, a more reasonable amount. Perhaps you might consider offering an option for small dollar purchases. NO matter the reason, $4.00 is expensive for a $7.00 dollar purchase, that's 57% additional!

That said, I think Elwood offers high quality products. I did not mean to impune Elmwood's business in its entirety but did feel a need to comment on what I considered to be an excessive amount for delivery.

Quote:
On 2004-08-03 11:32, S.Segal wrote:
The Ton Onasaka purses are very nice... You can get them from here:

http://www.dougbrewermagic.com

Go to "Products" then "Tools"

S.Segal

A GREAT BARGAIN HERE!! I just received mine, $10.00 including shipping, no $4.00 charge for special mailing, it came in a cushioned envelope with a cost of .60 cents for postage, but Doug did not charge me extra, the total bill is $10.00.

A CLASS ACT, THIS GUY!!

Dicklucas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to get snap coin purses? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL