The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to get snap coin purses? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Any ideas? I'm having a hard time finding these. Thanks,
Frank
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
http://www.toddlassen.com Todd has a high quality purse for $10.00, good leather and snap catch. It is small, I use mine for Scotch & Soda. It can probably hold five to six 1/2's or dollars, and can be easily palmed.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I know that Mr. Rubinstein has a variety also.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Elmwood Magic has a couple varieties for reasonable.
They have the larger with clasps and the small with hidden clasp.
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com
Nick
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I got mine from Curtis Kam about 20 years ago. I have four left, two in use and two in a bag for safe keeping. After that... I'm in trouble.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I like the ones that got from the magic warehouse. They're about $10, a little larger than some, but well lined for minimal coin chatter.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The Tom Onasaka purses are close to the ones I use. And available from some online vendors. I suggest you get a few, and carry your change in one.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
The Ton Onasaka purses are very nice... You can get them from here:

http://www.dougbrewermagic.com

Go to "Products" then "Tools"

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have lined purses that can sit open on a table, mouth up. They are very nice with solid hardware.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I have hand made Italian leather coin purses, the size and shape of the old goshman style purses. Please send me an e mail to rubinsteindvm@aol.com if interested, and I'll send you the price and picture.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
bodiddly
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bodiddly
You can get some really cool ones that fold down and out from Wal-mart, they actually aren't coin purses, they are for like chips for a camera or something, but they work awesome.
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Quote:
On 2004-08-03 07:02, Aperazor wrote:
Elmwood Magic has a couple varieties for reasonable.
They have the larger with clasps and the small with hidden clasp.
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com
Nick

Nick, good job!
Actually, I think these cost $6.50, and look to be the same as others selling for $10.00. I might order one just to compare and use for holding separate coins.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The purses Mike Rubenstein refers to look a lot like the Goshman style purses...but what he fails to mention is that the ones he is selling are easily 10 times better than the Goshman purses! For what my opinion is worth...give 'em a try.

Mike
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
Moving just slightly OT, I see Pe****n Magic has just released the 'Gemini Pouch' for coins and other things. Another product that Jay Sankey swears is the best thing EVER!

Have to admit to being slightly intrigued though...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=890
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Jay is very talented but his Gemini Pouch appears destined to collect dust on your magic shelf.
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Yeah you guys should get the Gemini Pouch... I mean, according to Jay, a traditional coin purse is too "feminine"... Smile
Chevrie
View Profile
Regular user
West Texas
120 Posts

Profile of Chevrie
Try visiting your local antique mall. Search the booths for vintage leather coin purses. You'll be surprised at what you can find. They usually sell for 5.00 to 10.00 a piece. I have found quite a few unique coin purses that way, even the narrow kind used for cigar and wand production. Good luck!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The Gemini Pouch would never end up on my magic shelf. That would be an insult to the other stuff there that isn't as bad.

I use an Onosaka purse and another one that looks identical to one posted on Elmwood. I haven't seen Frank Starsini's or Michael Rubenstein's products but I'd bet they're great.
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
As always, thanks guys- Frank
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hi everyone, thanks for all of your your interest, and your orders! Let me know if you have any questions, and what you think of them when they arrive. Best, Mike
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to get snap coin purses? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL