The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Going to vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
annie williams
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
7 Posts

Profile of annie williams
I am going to vegas August 22-26th. I read that Denny & Lee's has a get-together Tuesday nights, and that Gary Darwin has one on Wednesday nights. Are these still taking place, and are they taking place that week ? The Magic Live convention is going on at the same time. Unfortunately, the convention conflicts with our plans (and it's killing me!). Do you know of any other interesting magic stops?
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
While you are there go see Mac King and Lance Burton- Mac King is a very inexpensive show-but really good. He also has a meet and greet after the show.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
AnnieWilliams---Yep!! Denny & Lee's has a get-together every Tuesday Night right inside their store (8 P.M.) And Gary's Magic Club meets every Wednesday Night at "Boomers" starting at (10 P.M.). If you need directions to either place, feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to help you.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
annie williams
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
7 Posts

Thanks! I can't pass up dropping in on the meetings. We are going to get tickets to Mac King, and one other show (probably Burton's). I'm counting down the days:)
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Don't miss Mac King!!! When I was there last, you could get free tickets with a minimum drink purchase, but the show is worth every penny and more of the full ticket price. He is great!
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Across the street (Really parking lot) from Denny and Lee's (You can walk there), is Planet Mirth. I recommend going to both as they are both very good magic stores.

Shane Wiker
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
There are tons of Houdini magic shops in Vegas.
Blake S.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Houdini's Magic Shops? Are you serious...did you just recommend that crap?

I spit on Houdini's Magic Shops.

On a brighter note...

Mac King is a must. I stop in on him every time I am in Vegas.

Another inexpensive show is Steve Dacri's down at O'Shea's. It isn't GREAT...but worth seeing.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
Is Fielding West still perfoming in Vegas?
God Bless,
Lauren
annie williams
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
7 Posts

What kind of magic does Steve Dacri perform?

Annie
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Annie,

He does a close-up show. They broadcast everything on a big screen. Good idea, but the technical department needs some help...as it is poor quality.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I just got back from Vegas and I don't think the Dacri show is still playing. There's a hypnosis show in the theater where it used to be.

There is a new close-up show (I forget where, you'll see it advertised when you get there.) The ads claim that it's the only close-up show in Vegas.

There are quite a few magic acts -- Lance Burton, Showgirls, Rick Thomas, Greatest Stars, etc. But I add my recommendation for Mack King. He's the best, friendliest and best value in town.

:bikes:
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I heard a rumor that Mac was moving from his afternoon show to a night show. Is this true?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Is the Showgirls in Magic a good magic show? Or is it just a good nudey show?

I have been tempted to go and check it out.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 12:02, Blackwood wrote:
There is a new close-up show (I forget where, you'll see it advertised when you get there.) The ads claim that it's the only close-up show in Vegas.

Collin Foster has a Close-Up show, "Quicker Than the Eye", at The Westin Hotel (Formerly The Maxim). It plays inside the David Brenner Theater at 6:00 PM Saturday through Thursday (Dark Fridays) with a ticket price of $32.94
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
http://www.stevedacri.com/Xtreme.htm

That site says he is still there at O'Sheas.
annie williams
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
7 Posts

Thank you everybody for your help. My husband, two kids and I saw Mac King and Rick Thomas. Both were wonderful! What a wonderful education on different styles of performing.

We visited both Denny and Lee's and Planet Mirth. At Denny and Lee's one person was at the counter waiting on a customer. No one looked up when we entered. We stayed for about five minutes, then gave up. We didn't expect to be waited on, but a simple acknowledgement of our presence would have been nice. However, to them we must have looked like a family of tourists that got lost (all of us are into magic).

At Planet Mirth, however, we were treated like royalty, even though there were other customers. THe children were treated like the budding magicians that they are, and were shown tricks appropriate for their levels. Moreover, they also mentioned Gary Darwin's Wednesday night meeting at Boomers, and encouraged us to attend. We did, and what a treat! Mr. Darwin spent time helping each of my sons with a specific trick. In addition, all of the magicians attending were encouraging and wonderful. We also went to breakfast with many of them (twenty magicians at breakfast...A flaming wallet... You can imagine!) All in all, a successful trip and plenty of magic. Thanks again,

Annie
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Annie, I had similar problems at Denny and Lees, so I just went over to Planet Mirth and had a GREAT TIME!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-08-05 15:23, Astinus wrote:
Houdini's Magic Shops? Are you serious...did you just recommend that crap?

I spit on Houdini's Magic Shops.

On a brighter note...

Mac King is a must. I stop in on him every time I am in Vegas.

Another inexpensive show is Steve Dacri's down at O'Shea's. It isn't GREAT...but worth seeing.

At long last, I agree with Astinus. I wish these shops would go out of business.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
amadrigal
View Profile
New user
Bolingbrook IL
79 Posts

Profile of amadrigal
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 17:14, PremiataForneria wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 12:02, Blackwood wrote:

Collin Foster has a Close-Up show, "Quicker Than the Eye", at The Westin Hotel (Formerly The Maxim). It plays inside the David Brenner Theater at 6:00 PM Saturday through Thursday (Dark Fridays) with a ticket price of $32.94

The show is ho hum I recommend you go around start time and look for a Very cute blonde girl shoulder lenght hair and very ditzy but cute and she may give you VIP tix for free to generate a buzz but again the show could use some work
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Going to vegas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL