We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell CD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jizmagic
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Jizmagic
Has anyone used the Axtell CD's for the bird puppets? What has been the audience reaction using the CD?
May the magic be with you!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Yes, my son won a talent show contest using Vern the Bird and the Hiccup routine. I know of several magicians who use the drawing board and the routine "Mark"

I have them all and I like them all.
Dennis Michael
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I use the CD's. 2 skits, Happy Bird-Day and the Rope trick. Ok 3, I also have Art-O-Matic and the large magic drawing board. All are well liked by kids and adults. It's harder than I thought though. Learning the skit was easy. I knew my lines in 30 minutes. However, I spent hours and hours trying to get the timing down as well as put life into Vern. To just flap his jaws in time with his voice won't work. If you have never studied puppetry, like me, you have a lot more to learn than just the skit and the timing. The birds action must match the emotion of the moment for it to work properly. Finally, after months and months of rehersals, I performed for an audience. I stumbled alittle because the laughter distracted me. More practice and I'll tell you, some audiences laugh harder and longer than others. Sometimes the recorded LINES step on an unforseen applause or energetic laughter. I am looking into some software that will allow me to play each of VERNs lines when I trigger it with a small, concealed remote control. Basically, he won't say his lines til I tell him to. I know the real vents out there would scold me, but I am looking for quality entertainment for my audiences and these CD's allow me to use those great AXTELL products that so many of my audiences have truly enjoyed.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1205 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I use Vern, and the Drawing Board.
They are both big hits.
The drawing board hits well with adults also.
The best part of the drawing board, is it is a board, you take a marker, and it comes to life. This is an item that relates well to kids. They see boards wrote on in school, daycare,so..when this tthing comes to life, it is very magical.
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Muzicman,
What your looking for is Majiloon's "Virtual SoundMan". You just record the bird onto mini-disk. Just go to his website:
http://www.majiloon.com
and then his products page. I haven't gotten one yet but I have seen them in operation. I do lust for one...oh well...next budget...
Yours,
Aragorn TM
aka: Bob
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I was disappointed with the one I received. It was short and something that I won't be able to use.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
We had a club member demonstrate the Birthday tape made for the drawing board. I have to say it was well produced and would play very well if this were the 1950's.
Just not my cup of tea perhaps but I feel that canned, prerecorded routines do for the Art of Puppetry what Karaoke has done for music.
It would be like reading the instructions for a trick as you were doing it for an audience.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
JB the Clown
View Profile
New user
Ireland
25 Posts

Profile of JB the Clown
The drawing board is a grat addition to any show. I was blown away when I first saw it, and the kids (and adults) I perform for mostly have the same re-action.
JB the Clown
a.k.a. John Broaders
www.jbtheclown.com
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I modified my Axtell routine so that I did the speaking for both myself (duh) and the board. I am not a ventroloquist at all....and my mouth was moving....but...it was a comedy routine...and people were rolling on the floor laughing.

That what is important I guess.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2122 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Maybe you should do that old trick were you draw eyes on your chin and turn your head upside down and it looks like a talkin alien sort of thing maybe you should draw it on and then when the vent bits you turn upside down and do it like that!
I'm laughin imaging somebody doing it at a kids party I'm on the floor laughing,
(note 2 self: when shopping get better sense of humour)
Matt
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I have used both the Hiccup routine and the Rope Trick routine. Both are top-notch and are really funny. I also recommend the CDs for the Axtell Drawing Board.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Great to see all the posts about AxTrax. We're really trying hard to help non vents be able to use our exciting products.

EXCITING NEWS! We are making more routines this year and will start a new category of AXTRAX called "AXTRAX - Wide Open". These will be routines that are non-specific to the charcter and each routine on a given CD will have several different character voices so you'll have a choice to use ANY puppet with ANY "wide open" AxTrax Routine.

You can also record your own tapes using your own voice as the character with our sound effects and music tracks.

Let me know your comments on this and what kind of routines you would like by email steve@axtell.com as I don't get here as often as I wish I could.

Thanks.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell CD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL