The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Comedy Double Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi I'm just working on a new act for the street. I've never done busking before so I don't know the rules or anything! I'm going to do a comedy double act first. We are going to do circus stuff diablos and juggling etc, then do magic. What double act magic works well on the street?

Also has anybody from the UK busked in Merseyside?
(do you have to be over 18 to busk?)
Thanks
Matt
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Currently working out a sort of tag-team street act with another worker here. This offers the opportunity to present one of us as the operator of cons, while the other can play the dupe. The audience is aware of this arrangement, it's not done covertly, as with a confederate. It allows the possibility for more tightly scripted scenarios, including much comedy, still allows for spectator involvement (support system, or advice for the dupe), but lessens the chances of the routine becoming randomized by uncooperative spectator volunteers, because essentially, we now have a representative in both camps. It's still being fleshed out and tweaked, but progress is evident. Under this arrangement, we can also work individual solo routines, two person mind reading, etc.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Thanks good info.
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Comedy Double Act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL