The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Duffie books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hello!

Any reviews? Which are the ones to get? And why?

Thank you in advance
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Card Conspiracy I and II are very good. I just got Diamonds from Coal so I can't comment on it yet. There is very good material in Card Compulsions and Effortless Card Magic.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Effortless Card Magic (Peter Duffie) is an excellent book. Tons of good tricks with descriptions of any required sleights. Within it's pages are Vanished and Gone his popular $25 card trick.
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hi Larry!

Do you have read a bit in Diamonds from Coal!?? A review!? ;-))
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Of the e-books I would recommend Virtual Miracles. About 50 card routines by different contributors such as Aldo Columbini, R Paul Wilson, Daryl, Pit Hartling, Steve Beam etc. No illustrations at all - but the quality of the tricks is good.
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
ECM has some of the most amazing tricks in it I've ever had the pleasure to read or perform. I've gone through the book meticulously making notes of the effects I've liked. Here is a list of the ones I've chosen rated 10:
The Combo Mix - page 12
An Effortless Card Control - page 14
A Blind Overhand Shuffle - page 15
From Nowhere- page 17
Different Class - page 28
Color Blind - page 34
Aces In The Fast Lane - page 62
Dead Certain Location - page 81
The Short Deck Baffler - page 82
Trost-Worthy- page 83
Before You Die - Page 90
Mystic Seven - page 93
Four Card Monte - page 109
and finally, probably my favorite: RETURN TO SUABIA. page 129.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Effortless Card Magic is similar to Steve Beam's Semi Automatic books. If you're looking for tricks that are self-working or very easy to do, then you would enjoy it.

The two volumes of Card Conspiracy are great. Both take the format of "here's a move - now here's some tricks with it. Here's another move . . ." etc. The material ranges from fascinating principles to play around with, to very commercial tricks you can use in the real world
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Does anyone know where I can buy the ebook version of Effortless Card Magic

Thanks

Shanester
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
There is no ebook version of Effortless Card Magic. Anyone selling it as an ebook is selling a pirated home scanned copy.
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Sorry I was mislead by the content of some of the this thread.

Cheers
shanester
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
630 Posts

Profile of canaday
Hi Larry!
Loved Card Conspiracy 1. I have 2 but haven't had the chance to read it yet. Like lots of others, I have a tendency to accumulate way more than I have time to read!

Jim Canaday
http://www.gis.net/~canaday
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Card Conspiracy 1 & 2 and Diamonds From Coal, these 3 books I consider them MARVELLOUS.

Any serious card magician should own and read these very books and there are full of many wonderful ideas, sleights, moves, etc.

If can, get all 3, you will not be disappointed by purchasing these 3 books. Smile

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Card Compulsion, Effortless card magic and Subtle Miracles by Peter Duffie also regarded as highly QUALITY card magic books.

There are crammed with wonderful card sleights, card effects so much more.

I LOVE these 3 books!!!

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Card Conspiracy 1 & 2, and Diamonds from Coal, were all on sale on Peter Duffie's own website, the last I looked -- an incredible deal, only $15 apiece. Of his ebooks, my favorites are "Cards Insight" and "Card School" -- idiosyncratic choices, maybe, but I like almost all his books.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi Hushai,

Yes! Duffie's book and ebooks always not let me down.

Most of his effect easy to perform and I think his book really can enhance your arsenal in card magic. Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2004-08-17 23:36, Aron Devin wrote:
ECM has some of the most amazing tricks in it I've ever had the pleasure to read or perform. I've gone through the book meticulously making notes of the effects I've liked. Here is a list of the ones I've chosen rated 10:
The Combo Mix - page 12
An Effortless Card Control - page 14
A Blind Overhand Shuffle - page 15
From Nowhere- page 17
Different Class - page 28
Color Blind - page 34
Aces In The Fast Lane - page 62
Dead Certain Location - page 81
The Short Deck Baffler - page 82
Trost-Worthy- page 83
Before You Die - Page 90
Mystic Seven - page 93
Four Card Monte - page 109
and finally, probably my favorite: RETURN TO SUABIA. page 129.

Don't forget "Back To The Future Packet" p.73, yet another baffler, and a 10 in my opinion.Smile

Paul.
matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
I've heard a lot of great stuff about Effortless Card Magic. But everywhere I've looked, it's out of stock. Duffie's web site says it's out of print. Does anybody know where I can get a copy? Or might it return to print sometime soon?

-Dave
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I have a copy of Applications I bought second hand earlier this month. Whilst it is a very slim book, there are certainly some interesting ideas in here. There are about 10 tricks taught, using sleights that Mr Duffie has created himself. As he says at the begining he could have written a large book on tricks using just one of the sleights, however his purpose was to show just a few "applications", and for you to then create your own effects etc.
For this reason I do not think that the effects are that strong. There are a couple of interesting items. The sleights however are useful, and I can see myself and others building countless effects around these ideas.
I think it was worth my money.

Don't forget the Dave Campbell Legacy. It is written by Pete Duffie, it is not his own material however. This is a great book, and a must for anyone interested in magic.
Owen
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Peter has a sale on at the moment at his web site. Some bargains. Smile

Paul.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

Yes! Duffie's Application is another awesome book, worth it to check it out! Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Duffie books? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL