The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Effects with BCS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ace216
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of ace216
What kinds of mentalism/mindreading effects can one do with the Breakthrough Card System?

Thanks.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
There was a really lovely routine. Can't remember where I read it, however, within it, your spectator mixes the cards, or so they think. They aren't actually mixed. That was the first excellent piece of thinking.

From there, the person thought of any card, and named a number within the pack. When the cards where dealt to that number it was their thought-of card.

Now it wasn't done with the BCS. It was a Si Stebbins in chased. However, it would use the same principle.

Unfortunately the only trouble with that routine is that it can't be done without the apparent shuffling and visa-versa.

Another I have done is a Tossed-Out Deck in which when stacked you band it up and throw it to four people. These people then stand and you have the last person keep the deck. You can now reveal the four cards.

This one is a little bit cheeky. However, I am sure those who know the stack will be able to work out the handling. This is the Tossed-Out Deck I swear by, simply because they keep the deck.

If I can think of any others I'll put them right up.

Best Wishes,

Colin
http://www.colinmcleod.com
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Spectator as mind reader!

They fan the cards you think of one. They cut the deck and deal the cards of the top FACE UP onto the table and stop when they think they have got to your card. You name the card you were thinking of, and it's done!
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I love that idea!
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
I always ask them to take a card and look at it, then look at me and decide whether it is my card or not.

It makes it very logical and kills.
-David Berglas.
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
That is good, Steven. You could even throw in a NW, and write down the card you are thinking of before they start dealing and proceed as you mentioned.

John E.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Indeed you could! I only ever use that and one of the other of the BCS DVD.
-David Berglas.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
How about a Premonition effect with no gimmicked deck?

Hand spec a blue deck, turn your back, ask them to think of any card, find it, look at it, bury it in the deck, case the deck. Try to read their thoughts, and as you get an impression, say, "Wow, this is funny," and pull out a red deck. Spread it face up on the table. Ask the spec if he sees his card in the spread. He says no. Ask him to count the cards. He counts fifty-one. Explain that you took one card out of that deck earlier. Pull a card out of your pocket. It's the card he's thinking of.

Requirements: a BCS deck, the ability to conceal one card in a spread, a humble double-backer, and a double turnover. Deck can be spread without fear, since there's nothing untoward to spot. Ditch the DB and everything is examinable.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Effects with BCS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL