The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » CS quarter/gold dollar? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of levitate
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy a good qualtiy CS coin, with a quarter on one side and a gold dollar on the other. If anyone knows a site, please post or PM me.

Thanks,

Michael
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
I may be wrong but isn't a gold dollar slightly larger than a quarter?!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I asked the folks at Sasco to make me a few c/s type coins and they did a great job.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
English Half Pennies should fit. Any of the good coin makers can do it for you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
Well, Mr. Biro, I have been reading your posts all week and I have learned ALOT. But this time I can let you know that english (or other variety) half pennys are smaller than the Susan B. or Sacagawea dollars. I just checked. So the penny/dollar combination WONT work. The dolllars are both the same size. And a quarter is smaller than the penny. I have a small box of all different coins here that I have been collecting for about a year. I stop in the coin shop from time to time and pick up something interesting from the foreign coin box. They are usually very inexpensive.
God Bless,
Lauren
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
English Half Pennies are just a bit larger than US Quarters. When cut down to size, they look okay.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks J.T. I didn't hold the coins together, but I had seen someone that had one made, but didn't know they needed a bit of "work" -- which is what the good coin makers can do.

Not only that. I just learned that you can make a coin BIGGER around with a special machine. This is one way to make an expanded ].
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Not exactly what you are looking for, but there is a gaffed coin called "Miracle Coin" that is a sac dollar magnetic ] with a magnetic (or steel) quarter/sac insert that nests magnetically into the sac dollar ]. You can read a more comprehensible description of it at the magic warehouse site.

Cheers,

Tiki
Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
There is a special machine that makes a coin bigger? Please tell us more about that Mr. Biro!! I have never heard of anything like that! I always wondered how they made the coins bigger for those special props.
God Bless
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » CS quarter/gold dollar? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL