The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scams and Fantasies to be released in August! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Just a heads up that Darwin Ortiz and A1 Magical Media will be releasing this new 4 volume dvd set this month. Read this link from the A1 presidents page.

This Link
Drive Carefully
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I think it's already been released, hocus pocus has it and it doesn't say anything about pre-ordering Smile
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Quote:
On 2004-08-06 10:34, mattisdx wrote:
I think it's already been released, hocus pocus has it and it doesn't say anything about pre-ordering Smile

Greetings,

Actually, we do have it on our website! You can pre-order the DVD's from Hocus Pocus now for 107.95 with free shipping in the US. They will be available Aug 24th.
Jason London

This space for rent
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Mattisdx if you read the link that I provided then you will see that Michael Maxwell, president of A-1 MagicalMedia the very company that has made these dvds, clearly states when they will be released. I would hope that you could trust his own words from his own website on his personal webpage?

Whenever they come I out I would get them right away!
Drive Carefully
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4880 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
A found Darwin´s web today, check it out:
http://www.darwinortiz.com/
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I believe the dvds are just days away from being released.
Drive Carefully
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
4880 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
griff13
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of griff13
Anyone have this series yet. If so could you give a short review?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have the first 3 volumes on DVD, it appears A1 have not received vol 4 yet as this has been lost in sending it to them for sending out to everyone.

They are a great set of DVD's combined with the book it makes a great learning device, you will not be disappointed.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of learachel
Sooooooo, any dates???

Simon
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of learachel
May be Hocus Pocus have a update?
Sim.
JasonMythos
View Profile
New user
Hsinchu, Taiwan
86 Posts

Profile of JasonMythos
Does anyone know what is the actual release date?
I pre-ordered the 4 dvd set, can't wait to get these.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of learachel
In october!!!!
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Yes, the DVD's are now set to be released in October. I don't have a firm date, but as soon as I do, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
Jason London

This space for rent
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Scams and Fantasies will arrive at Hocus Pocus Magic on 9/20/04. If you have pre-ordered from us, they will be shipped the same day we get them in. However, we will only be getting volumes 1-3. Vol 4 will follow in 30 days.

Thanks for your patience.
Jason London

This space for rent
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
How much will they be
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of bekralik
This set is awesome. The book alone was fantastic; actually seeing Darwin perform is so entertaining and captivating. His routines are so well-crafted and his skill is unbelievable. Looking forward to vol. 4.

Brian
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
There's probably a review of the book and effects already but for those of you who don't own the book or can't be bothered to find the thread here's a quick review of the effects only. I'm afraid I haven't watched the explanations all the way through (I only got these yesterday) and so these comments are made from some very briefly scribbled notes:

I should say that several of the effects rely on memorized or cyclic stacks. Unfortunately, I was hoping that Darwin might explain his false deals (I don't own any of his other books) but he doesn't. There are some great effects across the 3 dvds (fourth one still on its way). True favourites are as follows:
Appointment at Samara (10)- great patter/presentation. Really Fooled me.

Cannibal Kings (9.5)
Beat the Devil (9.5) great patter/presentation
Zen Master -(9.5) final revelation fooled me.
Liars poker -(9.5) (haven't watched explanation)
Gods Gambler - (9.5)

Wasn't particularly enamoured with his triumph or acr - Not because they're not beautifully handled (which they are) but because the patter and routine were too simple. Think more could have been made out of the effects. This was meant to be a longer review. Will come back to it. Sorry
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
I just spent half an hour writing an in depth review of vol 1. only to try and post it to be told that my half an hour editing time was up. P****d off! What a waste of time. Sorry, will try and re-write it when I'm in a better mood.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
4880 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Christian Jedinat SHOP sells D. Ortiz new DVD set:

http://www.jedinat-zaubershop.de/en/index.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scams and Fantasies to be released in August! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL