The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » From another topic, fits better here.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
On then subject of coins as a final load, the one and only Patrik Page did use it too at the of his Benson Bowl-routine, where the bowl was replaced by a nice tambourine, IIRC he also credits Pete Biro for the idea of using a tambourine.

After the coins are produced and gathered in the tambourine, he rattles with all this stuff and asks something like, "anyone else likes to contribute?" What a great finish for the Bowl routine for a busker!
Instead of using the hat, use the tambourine right away after the end of that routine.
I wonder I never heared of anybody picking up that *busker*-/moneycollecting idea..
It is ideal for that kind of work!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes, this came from my feeble mind, and Pat was the first I ever showed the idea to. He did it at Davenport's olde shoppe, producing a stack of coins ON A GLASS COUNTER TOP...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have a set of Pat Page's lecture notes that describes his handling and gives Pete full credit.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I posted something like this as a reply to the original posting, so I'll post it here also, with an expanded explanation.

While this idea seems logical, it may not work out as well as you might think.

I may be totally wrong about this, but when I was working the Texas Renaissance Festival, I ended a show with something like this. It killed the hat. I tried it several times with the same result.

Why should anyone give you money if you can produce it yourself?

So, I refrained from doing anything that involved the production of money during the show, if I was doing a hat pass.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Bill,
I understand and can follow what you mean.
It looked so logical and made sense when I first saw it done. Maybe some of the street guys who can affort missing some bucks Smile can also try it out a couple of times.

Maybe one should load really very small change and come up with a suitable remark like:

"Anybody want to contribute?, those nickles/pennies is all I can do myself"

or similar foolishness? It simply looked so great when rattling the change inside the tambourine with the remark to "collect" Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It might work for someone else. It just didn't work for me.

I wouldn't reject it out of hand, without trying it first.

The tambourine does conjure up images of the people from one of the major charities standing next to the door of the department stores around Christmas time, ringing their bells and holding out their tambourines for donations.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » From another topic, fits better here.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL