The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Wax: Hard vs Sticky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
I was trying to do a card trick where I use some wax to pick up a coin. A friend told me that I was using the wrong wax, I had wax that was hard and doesn't hold the coin very good. It was used for thread work and suggested I look for a more sticky wax which would hold the coin to the card better.

I've been looking for a stickier wax, but keep running into the hard stuff. Any ideas who sells this sticky wax???

Thanking you kindly,

Felixjr
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Leave in your car for a couple of hours, the sun will make it soft!! hehe!! check your local magic shop, they should be able to get it.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Try using Beeswax instead.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Go to a candle shop and get what is commonly known as candle adapters. It mostly comes as wax dots (approx. 5/8" dia) on a card. It is used to fit loose candles into candle holders. It should do the trick nicely (Shhh!!!)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Thanks Guys,

This info has given me more hope.

Greatly Appreciated,

Felixjr
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Do you have any friends that wear braces? Dental wax works awesome for card effects. Maybe on your next visit to the dentist he can give you a small tube of it.
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Just get Ammar's card to ceiling wax. very sticky.

Michael
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I agree with Michael.

I once bought this hard "Magician´s" wax for Card to Ceiling. Well, sometimes it stuck and sometimes it didn´t. Not so nice.

All was resolved once I bought the Ammar wax. It never fails (or falls) now. That´s very sticky wax and not at all expensive.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Justin S E Hardy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Justin S E Hardy
I agree with Ammar wax. My brother did Card to Ceiling trick with it and its been stuck there for 2 years now. Too lazy to get it off.
Thanks for advice also about other wax options
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Anyone here tried dental wax? I heard its quite good too
bobby
View Profile
New user
Camarillo, CA
72 Posts

Profile of bobby
I would say I agree with Ammar wax, but the other day when trying to use it on IT, I kept end up with it stuck all over my hands and none on the T...

I'm wondering if "something" has happened to my wax... I think it still works good for card on ceeling, but otherwise I find myself mixing Ammar with hard wax to kinda make a hybred wax...
tong2_93
View Profile
New user
US Naval Air Facility,Ayase City,Japan
21 Posts

Profile of tong2_93
"TRY AND TRY UNTIL YOU DIE..."
Good luck with your magic tricks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Wax: Hard vs Sticky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL