The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Expert Professional Patter needed for principle!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hello, I have recently become very interested in effects that play differently for 1 spectator vs. the whole audience.

Example: Pre-show work(mentalism), but really more toward things like a duped signature ala Hollingworth, or perhaps an effect where the spectator thinks that a card changed place with another, when to the rest of the audience thought that the card was the same all along.

Basically, I want to cheat the whole audience by using the spectator as a stooge, without the spectator knowing it.

I am ok for methods and ideas, but I am having trouble with my patter, specifically wording it so that everything seems correct to both the spectator, and the audience.

Other than Guy Hollingworth's work in Drawing room Deceptions, does anyone have any other good sources for patter and wording in relation to these types of effects?
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
I think the principle used with linking finger rings should be transposable to cards.

Also I believe both Banacheck and Knepper use the ploy fairly often. Wonder words springs to mind but I think Psychological subtleties mentions it also.

I think it's used fairly often in mentalism by phrasing a question in such way that the assisting spectator's reply is interpreted differently by the audience - in such way that they jump to the conclusion the effect implied there would be.
Spectator will know he was a stooge though with that situation, whereas the linking finger ring play would leave you clean.

But as for wording...Wonder Words should kinda get you going Smile

Kaj
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Daegs...

mmm, very interesting...try Derren Brown's performance, from the UK, of "Reminisence" ... screened in UK, then USA.

I have the know how...VEEERRY devious..

The spectator recalls past memories which the performer shares with the audience real-time "....no way...yes way!

regards - geoff from the UK
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hmm where would this be found? On a magic tape or TV broadcast???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Expert Professional Patter needed for principle!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL