The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Want to start doing Dove magic, what should I get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
I have no materials or anything to perform this sort of effect. What videos/books should I get? Also what pockets/bags should I get? I know that one effect that I want to be able to do is A dove from a silk, what would I need to do this?

Thanks

James
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
James,

Tony Clark has the best ones from what I hear I think it's called unmasked.

Thanks,
mike
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
James, the first step in starting out in Dove magic is to be sure you have the time to train, practice and take care of them. Here are a few of the necessities before you start a dove act.

Cage
seed
cage protectors
Grit
Vitamins
mite and lice spray
quik stop for bleeding nails
At least an hour per day per bird for training.

Cages must be kept clean at all times with fresh water and seed.

Doves coo so be sure you are willing to put up with the constant noise. Feathers fly so you'll be cleaning all the time.

If you are still interested in working with doves, then there are several good reference books and videos to invest in.

Tony Clark
Andy Amyx
Amos Levkovitch
Encyclopedia of Dove Magic

All of these are great and should be read or viewed before you buy a dove.
Where the magic begins
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Dave what do you think of Shimada?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Matt, if you mean his act, then I think he's great. Smooth, and effortless in execution. One of the masters of dove work. If you mean his video in relationship to this topic, it's not in the same class as the others. His video is great for effects and how to accomplish them but doesn't go into detail on requirements, training etc. like the others.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Magic_matt,

Good to see you on The Café. I lost you for a while.

There are two very good Shimada videos for dove workers. They are strickly for stage shows and certainly not for those who can't put months into perfecting their acts.

Shimada has always been one of the best dove workers in the business. I would be delighted if people got us confused! Unfortunately they know better.

Enjoy your doves!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
Of the places listed which would be the best for me to get so that I could learn all the basic moves and some effects and where is the best place to get them?
VoidedHider
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of VoidedHider
I am also interested in this, could anyone with any info on doves in the UK please get in contact with me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Want to start doing Dove magic, what should I get? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL