The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Memorized Deck Trick (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Jefferson
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Jefferson
I have never seen a video of it. There is a little method to it, but I think it makes the dealing process a little more interesting.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2016, Greg Arce wrote:
I've had that happen and I tell them they can keep that number or cut until they get to a higher one. For some reason it hasn't happened often. Oh, I have had people cut to an Ace or Court card and I tell them those cards are wild so they can decide to deal any number of piles up to ten.

One other thing that I forgot to mention in their original write up: When they finally have a pile they will use, as they pick it up, tell them to shuffle the pile so even they won't know what cards they have. It kind of doesn't make sense, but you don't want to be seen calling out cards in the exact order they are in.

Of course, I have done them in the exact order, but how I do it then is have them hold the pile facing them and just stare at the face card of the pile. Now I can call them in that order as they are just looking at one card at a time.

Your choice on how you want to present this.

Greg

Very nice effect Greg! I also use the Six Hour memorized stack so I'll be adding this to my repertoire!

Alton
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5109 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
A new cool thing with a memdeck is the great app Maxim. https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73091
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
336 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2022, Kjellstrom wrote:
A new cool thing with a memdeck is the great app Maxim. https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73091

Maxim is definitely cool but only requires a stack (any stack)...memorization is optional.

If you haven't already, check out what Lloyd does with it using a stack that's impossible to memorize:

https://youtu.be/RuB86QE4hAI
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Kassim
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Kassim
Here is one of my recent creations. It is the invisible deck with NO GIMMICKS at all. In my opinion, it is stronger than any version I have seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb80JYPd74k
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
292 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Besides Card Calling, it will always be Simon Aronson’s Two Beginnings
_Alex_
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of _Alex_
Plop by Denis Behr is very good. The best part is, it's not just a trick. It's a system for accessing any 4 of a kind. I know Pit Hartling has expanded on this idea. The credit goes to Pit and Denis for the concept.
Dewars Neat
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Dewars Neat
Mnemonicosis gets my vote. I use it almost every day and love the jazzing element of it. ASI’s ACAAN is also another favorite of mine. Still haven’t seen a cleaner version of the effect
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2022, Dewars Neat wrote:
Mnemonicosis gets my vote. I use it almost every day and love the jazzing element of it. ASI’s ACAAN is also another favorite of mine. Still haven’t seen a cleaner version of the effect

Same on both accounts.

The only way to get a cleaner ACAAN is to use one stooge. Then you can do it hands off.
Golem13
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Golem13
While I do like Mnemonicosis, Lloyd's Maxim app is an incredibly quick way to achieve the same effect, without directing the spectator to cut in a particular way. The app is really inconsequential - just a timer, or even a random text notification that you apologise for and "turn off". By setting certain profile fields for a spectator (if you know ahead of time who you'll choose and can enter some details), the reveal becomes even more personalised and powerful.
Marcus Selle
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Marcus Selle
Fingertip Reading by Nick Pudar is my all-time favorite Memdeck effect, perhaps even my favorite card effect at all.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5109 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, Marcus Selle wrote:
Fingertip Reading by Nick Pudar is my all-time favorite Memdeck effect, perhaps even my favorite card effect at all.

What is the effect? And, where can I find the instruction?
MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
I found it posted 12/5/2003 in the Banquet Room, Secret Sessions, Memorized and Marked -- Free Trick, Nick is the author if you want to search that way
MAGIC HAPPENS !
Golem13
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Golem13
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, MagicPresident wrote:
I found it posted 12/5/2003 in the Banquet Room, Secret Sessions, Memorized and Marked -- Free Trick, Nick is the author if you want to search that way

There doesn't seem to be anything in the Banquet Room anymore Smile
Golem13
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Golem13
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2022, Golem13 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, MagicPresident wrote:

There doesn't seem to be anything in the Banquet Room anymore Smile

Ah I see - I just haven't been around long enough in terms of postings yet!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Memorized Deck Trick (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL