The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Children show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I am just getting read to do children show with like a meaning not sure what kind of trick I should use if anyone can help me I think I want to one with library theme can anyone help me with some ideas I also want to put my rabbit in it
thank
mike
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
This is a joke, right?
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I am sorry I wrote this please take this message off thank
mike
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mike -

I would encourage you to take your time when posting, and really communicate what you are saying. If you are new to the forum, you may not realize that it takes some extra effort to really explain things so others understand, when writing as opposed to talking. Take the time to write complete sentences. It would be appreciated by everyone, and you will get more positive feedback.

There is a thread near the top of this area, where someone wanted to compare the Dave Dee library show to the BJ Hickman library show video tape. That thread has lots of links to other threads about library shows. Have fun reading all the threads. Smile

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
You can do some effects with books, like a book test or something. You can even buy a piece of thick feathery string and paste some glasses onto it. Use IT to manipulate it through your hands. You can consider it a book worm. Maybe this will help a bit? You can read a small story about Peter Cotton Tail, the famous rabbit, and then produce the rabbit saying its Peter cotton tail. Good luck with it!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
First of all I am sorry for getting out of hand. I am sorry I don;t make sense if I don;t make sense then tell me. So ok not that ove with that great idea thank you. I must say this all new to me and I come here for help from other magicain. I been doing little show and now I am going to bigger ones. I have no idea what I am doing that why I am asking you for advice. So I apperciate it Yanyak for those ideas I will look in to them.
thank mike
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Mike,

When is your show? How much time do you have to prepare? How many people? What age group? What's your budget, experience with magic? Do you do mostly stage magic, close-up magic, strolling, parlor?

Tell us about yourself and we'll be MUCH more equipped to help you succeed with your show.

Hope to be of help when you reply.

Alym
Logic Defied
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Alym
Januarary.i have till december or so it. going a lot k-5 graders. my buget is what ever I need to get what I need. I mostly parlor and stage shows.
mike
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Mike,

With all due respect, please spend effort typing easy-to-understand posts. If you are going to expect a reply from people on this forum, please take the time to make what you're asking clear.

Thanks,

Alym
Logic Defied
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Hi Alym, Tell us more about yourself, where are you, what nationallity, (this may explain the difficulty in posting), your magical experience, age etc. It's very hard to give help without the full details about the person your helping.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Mike,
Alym put it very nicely about not understanding your typing..
Pls do not take offense,but,if English is your second language that would explain the grammar too.
Can I suggest that you type what you want into Outlook or Microsoft Word & run the spell check,then copy & paste it into your posting here?
We are all here to help.
Charlie
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 22:04, The Gr8 DonaldD wrote:
There is a thread near the top of this area, where someone wanted to compare the Dave Dee library show to the BJ Hickman library show video tape. That thread has lots of links to other threads about library shows. Have fun reading all the threads. Smile

Mike -

Here's a link to that thread I talked about. Then take the links from that thread to the others, and you will read lots about library shows.

Magic Café thread... B.J. Hickman vs. ...... videos?

- Donald.

P.S. I know you asked elsewhere about doing stage illusions like the Book of Life at a school assembly show or a library show. You don't have to do stage illusions for those shows. In fact, in some cases you can't because performance conditions don't allow you to. I know, because I perform some stage illusions now and then, and I also actually own a Book of Life Illusion (rarely used!) It's a monster! Smile Stage magic is just fine for those shows, and preferable in most cases.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Mike,I know you have been taking some constructive criticism on how to properly word your posts. Don't take it personally. Everyone really is trying to help, but they need to really get a good understanding of what you are asking. I don't know how to ask this diplomatically (and so, please don't take offense), but do you happen to speak with an accent? I just ask because you seem to type with one.

Anyways, I know that comment was completely off topic and you deserve an answer to your question. If you haven't been performing for children before, you must realize that it is an entirely different audience. Their life experiences, attention spans, intelligence, and physical dexterity vary greatly depending upon their age category. Generally, kids can be grouped from ages 3-6, 7-10, and 11-13. When you design a show, know in advance which age group you are going to present to. This will help guide the types of effects you can perform.

The younger age groups require effects that are simple and visual, with as much participation as possible. As you get to the older groups, you can use lesser participation and more complicated plot lines.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Mystical Mike,

I suggest that you find a magician who lives near you who might be willing to give you some lessons in magic and who might be a mentor for you. It is very hard to give you advice about what tricks to do without knowing more about you.

A local magic friend could give you some advice that might help you to know if you are ready to do a show in January. January is a long way off, but if you don't have a show put together now, it may not seem very polished by January. Maybe you should start off slowly, doing a few tricks for family and friends. Ask for their feedback and that can help you know if you are ready.

Another source of help might be a local magic club, where other members could see your skills and give you honest feedback. Who knows, you may be a terrific magician. It is hard to judge on a bulletin board. Best of luck to you.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 04:37, Emazdad wrote:
Hi Alym, Tell us more about yourself, where are you, what nationallity, (this may explain the difficulty in posting), your magical experience, age etc. It's very hard to give help without the full details about the person your helping.

Emzadad, I think you meant to address Mike Smile
I'm Canadian, have been all my life. I'm 23-years old, and have been very involved with magic for the past 6 years (though I've been interested all my life!)

Hope this helps! Smile
a.

BTW,

MagicMan, way to bring this thread back on topic. That is exactly what I was trying to ask from Mike - specific information that would allow us to help him with his show. Smile

Sorry if there was any confusion.

Alym
Logic Defied
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I would like to let everyone now I have cancelled the show.
thanks
Mike
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Emzadad, I think you meant to address Mike
I'm Canadian, have been all my life. I'm 23-years old, and have been very involved with magic for the past 6 years (though I've been interested all my life!)
----------------------
LOL alym!

BTW are you guys sick of these TLA's?

Matt
ps I've just found a series of books called magic matt and the... ive bought and the dinosaur what do you think of incorperating the book with a dinosaur magic painting picture and a dinosaur puppet?

Why have you cancelled the show??
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
If you must know I will not be ready for the show. It wasn’t like something big for me. A friend asked me to do and I had to call and say I won’t be ready. Sorry about the hassle.
Mike
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Your profile says you own a magic store, yet your post suggests otherwise. What gives?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think hes put as hes interested to own a magic shop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Children show (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL