The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Joe Lefler's no force Mental epic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
I was told that this version does not require a force and 3 seperate free choices can be made. Does anybody have any information on this board, its quality, its mechanics etc... thanks
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Where can I buy this ???
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
If you buy the book Mind Warp by Richard Marks,
you will be able to make his version of the Alan Shaxon
no force Mental Epic.

A superb idea, works like a charm.

Cheers.
Tom
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I think Joe calls it "Supreme Slate of Mind" and it costs $250.00. For that price I can point you to several much more effective presentations and save you a few dollars to kick my way as a bribe.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
The best "no force" version I've come across is Stephen Minch's "Mindcast" from his book "Mind Melds".
Unlike many of the special boards sold for this effect the props in this are very innocent in appearance and you can make it up yourself for a few dollars.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3696 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Richard osterlind does a nice variation on the typical mental epic with his "Change of Mind" as performed and taught on his Mind Mysteries DVDs. Instead of using coin values, you can use names, cards, places, etc. And all you need is a scratch pad.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
225 Posts

Profile of funemagic
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 21:40, ThomasBerger wrote:
If you buy the book Mind Warp by Richard Marks, you will be able to make his version of the Alan Shaxon no force Mental Epic.

A superb idea, works like a charm.

Where can I find a copy of "Mind Warp"?

Thanks.

Cheers.
Tom

Oops, typed my question in the wrong spot. Where can I find "Mind Warp"?
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Yep, but Osterlind's version still requires a force. I'm interested in "Confabulation", but can't find it. Also, is the version in Mind Warp a slate version or does the prediction end up in the wallet (Confabulation-like)?
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Mind warp is available from Magic Books by Post. If you live in the UK,
Lee Earle. If you want to be kind and give him some money, he deserves it. Hank Lee- for the American in you!

I should get payed for advertising. Smile
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Is Mind Warp usable in close-up? Also any idea where "Confabulation" can be found?
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
The routine from Mind Warp uses a whiteboard that you make up.

It is basically stand-up. I use it solely for trade shows, because you can theme it,
and it's visual to draw a lot of people.

I learnt Confabulation from the Ron Wilson book, "The Uncanny Scot" By Richard Kaufman.

Cheers.

Tom
Darko Dojin
View Profile
Regular user
DGAF
163 Posts

Profile of Darko Dojin
Quote:
On 2004-08-17 14:49, Mystery wrote:
Is mind warp usable in close-up ?
Also : any idea where "confabulation" can be found ?

It is available directly from Alan Shaxon. Email alanshaxon@aol.com.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Confabulation is a means not an end. In fact, this isn't the routine your looking for. <--Did my Jedi mind trick work?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Timothy Wenk has a version called "Throw Away Mental Epic" from his early lecture notes. It is tied in with another effect called "Tune Psychometry". Together these routines are Anneman caliber. Very powerful.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2201 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Marc Spelmann has a great confabulation routine on his upcoming DVDs! He includes some very nice touches.

Regards,

Peter

P.S. We do have the Supreme Slate of Mind in stock!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Mind Warp is a little gem of a book.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Dr.,

I know it's a means and not an end. Although I do not doubt your competency as a Jedi master, I'm still looking for a no-force triple prediction which will work in close-up.

So, can you tell me in all honesty that Confabulation is NOT what I'm looking for?
Anyhow, I don't find it. I mailed to Mr. Shaxon, but get no reply.

Ah, well...
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1608 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2004-08-17 10:40, Mystery wrote:
Yep, but Osterlind's version still requires a force. I'm interested in "Confabulation", but can't find it. Also, is the version in Mind Warp a slate version or does the prediction end up in the wallet (Confabulation-like)?

Confabulation was a Ken Brooke item sold back in 1970's. I bought one then and still use it in my shows.

Instead of a carbon copy prediction, I now can have the spectator actually open the envelope and read the actual hand written prediction.

Al Koran was the first to do this effect called "The dream car", which was a big hit in his shows.

Richard Lyn.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
For a no-force triple prediction, take a look at Bob Cassidy's fourth dimensional telepathy from his Mental Miracles video Fourth Dimensional Telepathy. You reveal the name of a childhood friend, the name of a pet, and reproduce a previously drawn illustration.

This is an excellent routine.
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
OK, so I guess I'll go for Cassidy and Stephen Minch.
Can these things be done close-up ? Do they reset easily ?
Thanks for the help !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Joe Lefler's no force Mental epic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL