The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Joe Lefler's no force Mental epic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
The Minch routine is really for stage work or cabaret. It uses a clip-board and 6 white pieces of card which perhaps wouldn't be justified close-up.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Mystery
Here's what you can do close-up:
The envelope routine would not be practical
in a typical close-up setting, altho you can use it for a small group.

What does work is the Cassidy Name/Place routine.
I use a centre tear for closeup instead of a switch.
This is a beautiful routine,
that gives you 2 revelations.

You can add a third billet by using an anagram star sign routine.
Essentially this is "freebie".
You never have to look at this billet because it is determined by the anagram so it can be genuinely destroyed.

If you need more details,PM me.

Tom
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I recently phoned Alan Shaxon about Confabulation. My point was that although we (most mentalists) know the basic mechanics of his classic, brilliant routine, I'd never actually read his own write-up and instructions, and where possible I like to go to the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Alan explained that in fact he has never written it up! When he hatched it, he intended to release it or publish it, but then Ken Brooke wanted it so Alan let him have it and KB wrote up the instructions. Paul Stone acquired the rights to all KB's merchandise, so technically the rights to the those instructions and the effect or routine known as Confabulation belong to Paul Stone.

However, so fas as Alan is aware (and apologies for errors here) Paul Stone hasn't actively sold Confab for some time, and isn't really interested in making up new sets of the prop to sell them. Alan told me that he has, from time to time, made up some sets for people, but it's not really something he wants to be spending his time doing. He has discussed with PS re-acquiring the rights to Confab, but it's still in limbo. So, to cut to the chase, there isn't a whole lot of point chasing Alan about this at the moment.

This is all from one remembeed phone call a couple of weeks ago, so apologies all round if I've got any of it wrong, which I probably have.

Getting back to the OP, I second the referral to Mind Warp, which is about as close as you're going to get to doing a Mental Epic routine FOR REAL.

Alternatively, on the Desert Brainstorm Vol 2 there's a Mark Strivings routine called Confabulous Vacation which doesn't involve a force of any of the main constituents of the prediction, and which I think is very effective and very well thought-through. It's also very easy to do, if that makes any difference to you.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Well, Thanks...
I'll let Alan work and live in peace... No more treasure hunting... Just some more books to read...
Which is rather nice, of course...
Kind regards,
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Joe Lefler's no force Mental epic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL