The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Other Flourishes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Franz-O
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of Franz-O
I've seen it debated in these forums that flourishes don't accomplish much in terms of fooling audiences, but they look very impressive anyway. I just learned how to do a 4 coin roll, and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of more coin flourishes. Thanks ^^
vernal
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vernal
David Roth has a tape that covers all of the flourishes I've ever seen. It has a whole section about flourishes.
"Finger-flinging has about as much relation to magic as a Jazz Band has to Music." - J.B. Bobo. (I don't agree with the jazz comparison, but I still think the quote is funny.)

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Once you can do the 4 coin roll-down, try going into the Down's coin star from that. Very pretty and not appreciably more difficult.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Franz-O
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of Franz-O
What's a downs coin star?
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
The four coins end up resting on the tips of the four outstretched fingers. Someone around here has a demo video of themselves doing it. Check Bobo for a description of the coin star. You'll have no problem figuring out how to go from one to the other if you see the illustrations in Bobo.

Paul

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3 found the thread that discussed this flourish, complete with links to videos. Enjoy.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Wrenn
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Wrenn
Hi. My old website on coin manipulation was mentioned in the above linked thread. Just wanted to let you know that the site has had a major update with many more flourishes, videos and pictures added. You can find the new site at

http://www.coinmanipulation.com

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Other Flourishes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL