The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Radio Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
Any Idea what I can do over the radio station?

I do magic on the side and my full time job is a radio DJ. just thought it might be cool to do some Radio Magic... I have heard of phone magic, would this be done the same way?
KARDMECHANIC
View Profile
Regular user
Perris, California
105 Posts

Profile of KARDMECHANIC
If you get a hold of Magic for Dummies there is an excellent trick in there that you can use over the radio and it is the one that Max Maven performed on tv in Worlds Greates Magic. I think many of you guys will remember. There are no gray elephants in Denmark. It can be done face to face, over the phone and radio. I used it a few times and it always worked.
What do you mean it came from the bottom of the deck?
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Banachek has released a CD on radiomagic. If I remember correctly?
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Osterlind does a trick that can be done on the radio.
chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
Do you know what it is called?
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
I cant remeber off the top of my head but it's in his mind mysteries set.
Mangeman
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Mangeman
I have invented a trick that IMHO is the best one I have seen so far in this category. You can use it on radio, on the telephone or on the web (or live of course). It's not completely self working, you'll have to get some feedback, but almost.

This is the effect: A spectator writes ANY number (it may contain any number of digits) on paper. He then rearranges the order of the digits (they may end up in ANY order) to get a new number. He then THINKS of a digit in the last number and you can tell him the digit he his thinking of!

OK, I left out some important (but subtle) parts in the description, but this is how the audience will remember it.
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Mangeman, sounds interesting and while mathematical trick (I presume) one can hide the subtle parts. However, I must stress that radio tricks are extremely difficult. Your effect sounds like a great one-on-one distance trick (via telephone for example) but would it work on radio as one most consider the audience (other listeners) to share the magic?

I don't know, it is only an impression I got from the description.

I would be grateful if you could elaborate on that. Or PM me if you feel more comfortable contra publishing more on this forum. Naturally, if you wish to keep it for yourself I fully understand and wish you very much luck with the effect.

Sincerely,
Pekka
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
John Wade has a trick that can be done on the radio. I think it is in a book called "Radio Magic."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mangeman
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Mangeman
Pekka, you're right. The trick won't probably work well on the radio since the other listeners have no idea what number is written down and what digit is thought of. They will probably think it was prearranged.

I can share the secret with you. Just have to write down the description first. It's an extended version of a trick that you can find in Harry Lorayne's The Magic Book. Quite an amazing mathematical principle actually. Really seems totally impossible, even if you're good at maths (actually, the more maths you know the better the trick is - up to a certain point...)

If anyone else is interested, just pm me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Radio Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL