The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Special machine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
Pete Biro must have missed my question, but the other day he mentioned in a post about a special machine that makes coins bigger in diameter.

Is this a machine that can easily be found in a machine shop? I called a machine shop here and they said they had no idea what it could be.

Does anyone else know about this? Pete? I thought of a great mentalism effect using this idea. Thank you very much.
God Bless,
Lauren
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
I have nothing to do with the machinist trade or coin making etc, but I'll make a guess as to how you could make a coin bigger. If you want to keep the same thickness, you must expand its diameter by adding extra metal. Anything beyond fractions of milimeters will look odd though as the face of the coin doesn't expand. So that'd be a nono. Option two: heat the coin and "squeeze" its faces so it becomes thinner but larger whilst vaguely retaining the rest in correct proportions. Even if you had such a machine I'd hazard a guess that it'll be a difficult enterprise.

How much bigger do you want the coin to be? You could take a Walking Liberty, a 2004 1 ounce US SIlver coin (looks the same as the Walking Liberty, but is Silver Dollar Size), and a 3" Jumbo Walking Lib to "grow" the coin....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Special machine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL