The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sudden Success at Card Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gogeta97
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of gogeta97
So, I lent my friend my AOCM volume 1. His dad saw the perfect and/or snap productions being performed. When I was over at their house, he said that he liked that. I had been trying off and on since March to get the productions down, but had stopped about a month before this. So, I palmed a few cards and suddenly I could do the Snap Production. It astounded me. I started practicing and suddenly found both productions easy to do.

I was happy, so I thought I'd share my progress with everyone. I think this is the right place to post this, seeing as how the topic is card prodcutions, and my recent success with them. My aunt suggested that it was like athletes, where if you just fool around with a ball for 6 months you become proficient at handling it. I am rarely seen without a deck of cards in my hands.

-Orrin
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
WTG! Keep practicing!!! Remember that it took some of the top manipulators in the world over 20 years to get where they are at today! don't give up!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have seen the same thing happen in other fields. I used to teach banjo. I had a couple of students who had a problem at a certain point. They just couldn't "get it." We weren't sure what the problem was. One of them laid off for about a month, and when he picked it back up, the smoothness he had been seeking was there.

Go figure.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
Yeah it happens a LOT. When you lay off for a while, your unconscious processes the new information, and teaches it to your fingers.

Remember this next time you get frustrated
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Congratulations. The same thing happens to me all the time. For example, the faro shuffle. I used to think it was impossible to do, but now I can do it almost every time. It especially makes moves and flourishes such as the giant fan a lot smoother and easier.

Congratulations again, and remember. Practice makes perfect. Smile

Shane Wiker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sudden Success at Card Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL