The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unkown Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

camerontheconfusionist
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
13 Posts

Profile of camerontheconfusionist
I saw a trick done at a recent meet. I know how it works etc etc, but cant find it anywhere. I'll try and explain the routine as best as I can.

Magician has a bag which contains 5 balls (4 are the same, 1 is visually different) These are all shown to the audience. The magician then puts all balls in the bag and hands the bad to a member of the audience who takes a ball out without looking at it. The magician takes the bag back, then hands it to another member of the audience to take another ball and so it goes on until all balls are out. The magician then points out the person who has the different ball.

Any joy where I can get this as I have been scouring for a while, but with not knowing the name of it, I am hitting a brick wall

Thanks guys
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2566 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Kurotsuke by Phil Goldstein

Charles Gaucci also has an 'improvement' called Body Language
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3680 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It is performed and explained by Max Maven on his Videomind DVD, Parlour mentalism.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
The Gauci version is sensational. I use it in every one of my stage/parlor shows.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Maven's version is painfully obvious to the seasoned mentalist, but apparently the person who performed it for you offered a great presentation ! Smile
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
506 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
How does Gaucis verison differ??

CJ
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
O Brien
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of O Brien
Gauci uses special props that are normal looking. Maven's version uses ordinary balls (or any other small object that can be dropped into the bag.
camerontheconfusionist
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
13 Posts

Looking at the comments and with what was shown to me - It definitely was Gauci's version that was used. Thanks again
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Mavens routine (good as it is )
does not accomplish what you saw

~~~~
BB2004
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
232 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
If, in the Gaucci version, one of the first spectators gets the "right" ball and you then let the rest of the other spectators imvolved pass the bag of balls around, you have very strong handling and effect not possible in the Maven version. OK, it can be done in some extent in the Maven version, but with Body Language you don't have to touch the bag (again).
Now you can (lie and) say that you havn't touched anything and bla, bla....!!

The Maven version is perfect for impromptu work though!
camerontheconfusionist
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
13 Posts

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been in touch with Gaucci and will be purchasing it from him. I am now looking forward to performing it.

Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unkown Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL