We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costume Changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
As far as quick change shows go, I suggest seeing Nikolai and Nina. They smoke and have, if I remember correctly, 17 costume changes in their routine. Truly awesome!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do any of these performers have web site? I know Arturo does. I would be interested in a new book about costume changes. I have the Monrose one and video.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
habilo
View Profile
New user
germany
44 Posts

Profile of habilo
Try this.

http://www.schoppimagie.de/

It´s Sven Schoppenhauer's site, he´s got a book on quick changes for men.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If I'm reading this right the book is about $50.00? I was in Germany last month but my German really sucks. I'm not sure that I could wade through this...Plus.. no female Quick Changes.
Thanks for the link.
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
SlimKing,
What is your opinion of the Monros video. I've also looked at but balked at spending $79 for something that may be useless for me.

OliverTwist
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It will work for some things. It seems like it's stuff that she's used in her act for a long time and it seems she's done well. I would sell of trade my video and book since I don't use any quick changes of this method yet.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Don't expect anything wonderful in Monroe's video! The priciples are there but her demonstration and video editing are truly appalling! It's a real home made video! But then again if you can see thru that then as I said the priciples are there and some of the techniques are useful. This is the only material I have found on this seemingly closed subject. (A part fom the German book mentioned!) Does anyone know if the German book can be found in English?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The production costs for the video must have been very low, but it doesn't prevent you from understanding the techniques and methods.
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
A couple named Olga and Vladamir did a quick change routine at the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI this past summer. Awesome. They also did a different segment under the Big Top featuring a pole balancing act. They did do some filler magic between the costume changes that did not impress me but the instant, no-cover confetti change knocked me off the bleachers. I even went to a second performance to try to spot the method. I am still clueless.
Another magi just told me about a full-timer spending 30K for the secret and gimmicks to do a quick change act. He couldn't remember the name or location of the performers. Drat! Anybody have a clue?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
David & Dania. That is why they are the best!
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1095 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I agree, Richard. David and Dania are the best I have seen.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
They are indeed. They were here again tonite performing at half time for the Pacers NBA game. Looked like there were a few new costumes. As always they were a hit and got a standing ovation.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Velho
View Profile
New user
Finland
7 Posts

Profile of Velho
I have a contract for next seasong to Sirkus Finlandia and there is gonna be a Russian couple Duo Minasov doing costume change act. I heard what they going to do in a show and it did sound same like Mysticdoves explained. Maybe is the same couple. I remember that somebody told that they have parents doing same number.
http://www.sirkusfinlandia.fi

Sebastian
Comedy stage magic & illusions
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
From what I've seen, I would have to say David and Diana.
Nick
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
David and Dania
Are true show people anyone could learn something from watching them perform their stagecraft is wonderfull.
As for the act they never stop getting standing ovations.

And Dania is a great hoop spinner too.

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
I vote David & Dania also.Seen them only twice at Blackpool,but they are fantastic.Dania did a costume change inside a fabric hoop(?)with tears in it and you still didn't see the change happen!! Standing ovation?? They should be given a TV show.Obciously not in the U.K though,as they don't cook or do D.I.Y!!(Ouch!)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
As a point of reference, they have been booked to perform at Abbott's this year. Just in case, you have not had the chance to see them live.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
What and where is Abbotts?:)
MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
Check out http://www.abbottmagic.com It is a great get-together in Colon Michigan during the first week of August. Does anyone know what night they are performing?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would imagine they will close the Saturday night show. I am sure that you can contact Greg at Abbott's and he can tell you.

I would heartilly reccomend if you can attend the whole convention do so. Once you go, you will be spoiled. It is very laid back, relatively inexpensive and has very good acts. The only downside is there are not hotels in town most are about a half hour away. But there are places to camp if you want and care camp. Think of all the money you save sleeping in a tent.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costume Changes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL