The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic Time Success Rate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I don't own Psychokinetic Time, but I'm very interested in buying it. I was wondering what different peoples success rates with the trick are. Without giving away the method, could you please tell me a little about how well the number force works for you. This will really help me in seeing if I want to purchase the effect. Thanks! -Andy
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Andy

Now which version of PK Time are you interested in... the one exposed by the Masked Magician or Banachek's?

Pardon... I had to be a bit crass there for a second...

There are several ways of accomplishing this effect... my handling does not use the "Force" you've mentioned and hits dead on each time.

Working with any kind of force system such as is allied with this effect, depends 110% on YOUR ability to deliver the goodies and little other. In other words, it's NOT a 100% sure fire thing! There are risks... but most of the better mentalism out there, at least in my opinion, involve a hint of risk.

Like PK Touches, PK Time is not something "new" it is merely Steve's version or "twist" to an older idea that has become popular simply because David Blaine did it on Tv... which is exactly why I refuse to do it (or any effect I see on Tv) in a manner that's remotely close to what was shown. I'm not out to fool other magicians, just the jerks that think they know how an effect is done... ironically, that often entails guys with two or three magic books on their bookshelves... BUMMER!

Bottom line is, the effect is only as good as you make it. If you miss (and it wont be by much)learn to turn that miss into an advantage... something people will talk about in a positive way. Remember, you're not doing a magic trick, you're demonstrating something that goes waaay beyond such foolishness.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
Thanks Osiris! I think I will buy the effect and study the performance and try to make the method work for me. Would you be able to PM me and we can talk a little more about your own handeling and what makes it unique? Thanks!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
That's what I love about Banacheks material. NO GAFFS! And great insight. Banacheks routine hits. On verying degrees it becomes more or less accurate, but with the knowledge in the manuscript, it hits 100%.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Its an effect that I never mastered but then slieghts are not my strongest attribute. For the price of the manuscript its worth giving it ago. I am sure many get great responses with it. I guess I'm just to clumsy..
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
Yea it is a great effect that you can really play big off. As you allready know. First couple of times, it hits but sometimes it doesn't. Even if it doesn't you can still turn it around though. The more you perform it the easier you find it until you hit 100% of the time.
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
To paraphrase Banachek in the booklet, If you miss, it's a killer effect. If you miss it's a miracle.
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Don't forget that Osterlind does this without the force, - it's still a miracle.

...and as mentioned above, you won't miss more on the time than that your spectactors will be amazed.

Sven

.....and (as pretty much of Banachek's things) this is not a matter of sleights, this is pure presentation and audience management
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Osterlind doesn't do PK Time as far as I know, not on his dvd set that is. He's doing a force with a watch, that's been around for quite sometime.

Banacheks version is so simple, once you've done it a few times it will flow smoothly. Just as with metal bending, it's scary at first, but then you realise no ones is actually paying that much attention (if you do it the right way).

I have skipped doing the force, I now only do the moving bit and suggestion on top of that, I think that's more than strong enough.
I've always felt doing the force is a bit "overkill" for my taste.

//Daniel
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-08-14 02:49, Vision wrote:
Osterlind doesn't do PK Time as far as I know,

With all respect, he does.
In the bonus sections - I don't quite remember on which one of the DVDs, but I believe #1 or 2

Sven
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Banacheck states in the manuscript that if you get the time off you still have a miracle, it's a huge hit if you get the exact time and still a hit if you don't.
Personally I think this is a great buy and no one would ever find any gimmick.
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
If he does it in the bonus section I must've forgotten about it. I stand corrected.
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
Am I correct in guessing that the version that Osterlind does in the bonus section is the Banachek method for altering the time? If so, I will be buying the trick. He does it so cleanly that I didn't see anything even after a few viewings.
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
In which DVD can we see that ?
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I think it's in the bonus section of the second dvd. It gets amazing reactions and he just changes the time without doing any other magic. I guess even if you don't use the number force the effect can still be killer.

I'm going to order it today. I will keep you posted on how it comes. I'm really looking forward to learning this so I can do it in school since so many people wear watches. Thanks Again!
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2567 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Watching Richard 'jazz it' in the bonus sections of those dvd's is great fun to watch. For those who are scared of two of the staples of mentalism, here is a lesson on why you should bother.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I recently did a radio talk show here in canada to promote an upcoming show, and performed p.k. time combined with a clock start over the radio. you can listen here.. http://www.cknw.com/audiovault/audiovault.cfm
the show was sun 15 th at 4:00 pm start after a few minutes. andrew gerard http://www.allandrew.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic Time Success Rate (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL