The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Starting out in sponge ball magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Erion
View Profile
New user
Sweden
12 Posts

Profile of Erion
No you where not Smile They had a few super-soft ones with my name on them. Now I just have to wait until I get them so I can start play with them.

Once again thanks for the advice!
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Wonderful. You might want to consider the sponge to giant cube. That's a nice kicker.
Erion
View Profile
New user
Sweden
12 Posts

Profile of Erion
I will remember that when it is time to move beyond the basics. After all if I buy to much fun things now I will never know where to start practice Smile
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
Al Goshman's original routine is still a classic. starting with a purse clip to produce the super soft sponge balls. easy and effective. the routine was used by the pros on tv for years.
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
Hampton Ridge Magic had a 25 tricks with sponge balls
video that is fantastic! I don't know if it is in circulation any more but it is a great introduction to the SB also Mark Wilson Complete course in Magic is a good book to start with.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
I recommend you to start with Mark Wilson`s routine, this is ok Smile
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
I am using the Wilson routine and its working well so far. Have only showed my 4 tr old daughter so far.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
I like the Wilson routine, except for one phase. I wish I could come up with something to replace the pocket penetration that would still allow me to introduce the third ball. Of course, I haven't really spent much time contemplating it...
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The Dick Van Dyke stuck paper routine is an old vaudeville routine and was done by Red Skelton as well. Adapting it to a spongeball routine is a really great idea, especially for a stage bit.

One thing to look at when looking at sponges is the Peter Rabbit Goes To Town routine by, of all people, Bob Belson, the Mentalist! This is the quintessential bunny routine and the psychology behind it is perfect.

Also, look at the Magic of Dr. Sawa, published by Kaufman - there are some really unique sponge routines in there, including one that mimics the stroboscopic effects of old-time silent movies. Very clever and takes sponges into a whole new realm, sleight-wise, in my opinion.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I also use the super soft balls and either Mark Wilson's routine or John Carney's 2 ball routine.If you wet the sponges before you use them,they are not only softer but dramatically increase in size.
Andre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Starting out in sponge ball magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL