The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Any news on the Marc Spelmann DVDs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
Can't wait for these to come out. Alakazam magic is a fab company, with very good products, and a very good service.
Any chance of Marc releasing a book of his works in the future?
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Hi Trin,

I am planning various projects for the future, I have a number of thoughts about mentalism on the whole, not just methods but rational thinking and creating your own ideas.

Just want to thank everyone who have given the dvds such high praise. The shoot was incredibly demanding, hot and long, but they are coming along nicely. To be mentioned in the same sentence as Banachek & Osterlind is a huge compliment as I have been a huge fan of both gentlemen.

The real stars of the show were the audience who sat through hours of mentalism.. Way to much for any human being...

Marc
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
roman59
View Profile
New user
Ipswich, United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of roman59
Thanks for the compliments about the audience Marc it was a pleasure & an honour to be there.

I cant wait to get the lowdown on the Russian Roulette staple gun routine!

Cheers
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
How is the bank night effect looks like differ from others version? Any description on it?
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
Will these DVDs contain a performance of "mind control" ?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Yes Marc does perform Mind Control on the DVD's to great effect!

Regards

Peter
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
As I remember it, the Bank Night effect ("Prize Night"?) was played as follows...

Marc has 5 coloured envelopes, and he talks about the different colours and how he could use those colours to influence choice. There was Black (deep and mystical like himself), blue - very pleasing - especially for men, red, yellow and green. He had something interesting to say about them all. Making it feasible that whatever colour is chosen was because that’s the one he wanted you to pick, either through Psychology, reverse psychology or pure suggestion.

On the table there are 5 large tubes, each with a different number on (from 1 to 5). The audience was told that each tube had a prize inside.

One by one a spectator was chosen to select a coloured envelope. After a little byplay as to why the spectator chose the particular envelope, it was ripped open and a folded piece of paper was taken out. When the paper was unfolded it was found to have a number on it.

After 4 of the spectators had chosen, he opened the last envelope, and showed that inside was indeed a piece of folded paper with the last number on.

Each spectator was then asked to call out their number and the corresponding tube was lifted and the prize uncovered. All 4 spectators had won a different bottle of drink.

So what was under the last tube?

A champagne flute, filled to the brim with money (£20 or £50 notes).

And as if that wasn’t enough, the kicker was that the selected spectators were asked to look under their seats to reveal a sheet of paper that showed that Marc had also predicted exactly what bottle they would win...

Marc's performance of Mind Control was for me one of the highlights of the stage performance part.

Actually, after saying that, there were too many highlights just to pick one or two...

(and I have just seen that the Bank Night effect was called "Prize Draw" and not "Prize Night" as I previously mentioned...)
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
After reading these posts, I couldn't resist and I've already pre-ordered the DVDs.

You guys must be writing in subliminal embedded commands. BY the way, and BY and BY, the DVDs should be really GREAT.

I'm really looking forward to watching them.

Matt
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
Will these dvds contain a Performance of Psycho-logicoin 2?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi! Marc did perform PC2, but as yet we don't know if it made the final edit. I think it will be included.

Regards,

Peter
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
OK, thank you. I hope it will be included, because I want to see a performance of this effect before I order it.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Marc uses PC2 as a quick opener for his close up but in real life he has a fantastic routine with it for walk-round situations.

Regards,

Peter
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Thanks for the description of the Prize Draw effect which sounds very nice. From effect list there is effect N.M.E.D said to be worth the value of whole DVD but no description of it. Can any description be given? Just curious.
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
I'm looking for an Opener for my Close Up Act. Maybe I can use it there.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I also think Marc's fantastic coin bend is a great opener for a close up set.

Regards,

Peter
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
I cant wait to see these DVDs!!!

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 7:02am
-------------------------------------
Will there be a demo video on your site?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
With regards to a demo on the web, I will see what I can do!

Regards,

Peter
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
OK, thanks. It will be very nice to see a demo video of the DVD set. OK, another question: What is the shipping price for Germany?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Global post is £5.00 for the set of DVDs
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Any news on the Marc Spelmann DVDs? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL