The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Morgan's Liquid Metal DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
mgcoolb
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mgcoolb
When Morgan first told me he was releasing his routine on DVD, I was shocked and at the same time very happy to hear the news. There are a lot of skeptics in the magic community, because there is a lot of metal bending material out there. Yes, I agree, there IS a lot of metal bending material out there. And not all of it is absolutely the same. Everyone has a different handling and a different style and different subtleties. Perhaps the amount of moves you will learn on Morgan’s video is not quite as large as the amount of moves you will learn on Banachek’s DVDs and Videos or Patrick Kuff’s DVD, but what you will learn is a solid routine with incredible misdirection that even the person too afraid of performing metal bending will be able to pick up within a month (if one practices enough.)
That being said, Morgan’s routine is one of the most amazing routines I have ever seen in my entire life. It has fried EVERYONE that has ever seen it. In this routine, the tines bend, the fork itself bends 2 times, and there is a very gutsy corkscrew bend that will BLEW me away. The beauty of Morgan’s routine is that he shows us that there is nothing to be scared about when doing metal bending.
What you will learn on this DVD:
Tine bend.
3-tine bend (My favorite phase of the routine)
Corkscrew bend (Morgan subtlety makes this quite different from Banachek’s)
In your face bend (the spectator basically sees the fork MELT right in front of their face)
L-shape bend (INCREDIBLE as well)
Fork you Fork (This you just have to see!!! Great way to handle hecklers.)
Morgan’s Key Bend (This is quite hard, but NOT impossible…ladies and gents, forget your gimmicks at home!)
Corkscrew Tine Bend (This is an awesome little extra you could add onto your routine that will FRY your audience even further.)

Now, as far as the material itself, it is VERY good that this is a DVD and not a video, because most magicians will want to skip. There is around 25 minutes of live performance footage. Overkill perhaps, but a very useful tool for those of us that are afraid of metal bending – this actually shows us different situations and how to deal with them as well as proving this can be done anywhere anytime without being busted.
Sometimes, less is more…but Morgan, as you will see for yourself, does not follow this rule. He teaches the routine 3 times! Yes, you might wonder why someone would teach it 3 times. Well, I guess he didn’t want people walking away from the video still not having understood everything. The nice thing is, if you DID understand everything, that’s why this is a DVD, so all you have to do is press the forward button and you’re set. There is even a section in the DVD where you can follow along. This section is called, “grab a fork and follow along.”
As far as the quality of the video goes, I would rate it 8 out 10 and the editing and graphics I would rate a very easy 11 out of 10. The routine itself I can’t even rate, it’s just WAY too good to be rated, but I guess if I was to rate it, I’d say 100 out of 10. One of the most amazing routines I have ever seen in magic!
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this video to anyone, whether you already do metal bending or not. I do not recommend this video over Banachek’s, since that is what a lot of people have been asking. However, I would not recommend Banachek’s video over Morgan’s as well. They are both great, but Morgan’s routine is a very twisted one fork routine that you will be able to perform within a month if not even less (especially if you already are familiar with metal bending.)
Overall, I HIGHLY Recommend this!
B_ball2424
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of B_ball2424
Thanks for writing this review, is this a good video for a beginner in metal bending or I should start somewhere else ?
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I don't have Morgans DVD so I cant say if its good for you or not.

Banachek's DVD is something I can recomend. He not only teaches you the moves, but the subtleties and the pshycoligi behind it. He explaines to you why it works.

Almost all of the bends taught on that DVD is impromptu. They requaire no gimmicks.

Go with the BAnacheck DVD.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Mattisdx: From one lennart green fan to another(which has nothing to do with), let me tell you this is the real deal.

Morgan has an excellent routine that many have been waiting for a long time to come out, and it will definatly be good material, because the routine itself is really good.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Alright, I'll buy it because of the Lennart reference Smile
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I've also been looking into this DVD. I'll probably purchase both Banachek's and Morgan's because it's always good to have other people's insights on a certain subject of magic. Maybe later, I'll pick up Kuff's since I've been told that it is a very well put-together metal bending DVD as well.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I may very well buy this. Some of it looks pretty good.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Has anyone contacted penguin to see when this will be available?
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Why get this dvd?? morgan took some of the material from the banachek dvd. just get the BANACHEK dvd phychokinetic silverware.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Just to make this clear, I gave Morgan permission to use and show a couple of my bends so long as he gave reference. I think it is just two of my bends that are on the DVD.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
The DVD looks very good. Combining the new moves with Banachek's bends should create a very good routine.
Svengali
View Profile
Regular user
USA
138 Posts

Profile of Svengali
Morgan teach at least six new bends!
Think about it....
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
Svengali, I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying Morgan teaches 6 new bends on his DVD? Or are you requesting that he teach 6 new bends?
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
What he means is, Morgan teaches 6 new bends.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I love Penguin but the "I HIGHLY Recommend this!" line is in most of the products discribed?
mgcoolb
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mgcoolb
Well I don't highly recommend everything Penguin has...in fact, I do think some of the stuff they carry is crap, I just really did get a beta of this dvd...long story how that happened, and this thing I can honestly recommend. I'm someone that has NO GUTS to perform metal bending but since I seen Morgan's video I been doing a few bends...his 3 tine bend is KILLER!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks for the great review.
Yours,

Ivan
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Yes, thank you.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Do you think I can get chicks with the metal bending?
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Quote:
On 2004-09-02 23:16, Boat wrote:

Do you think I can get chicks with the metal bending?

If you are serious then the answer is no.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Morgan's Liquid Metal DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL