The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rich Bloch's lecture note version of a 2 card prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
I am looking for a description of the effect (only) in Rich Bloch's lecture notes that is a two card prediction. The magician and the spectator both select a card (somehow) and then they each guess the other's card (somehow). I cannot get to my notes right now. I remember the tool that is used, but I cannot reconstruct the effect exactly. It is on the left-hand page and the description doesn't exactly spell out the technique. No biggie. I know the technique, I just need a clear description of the effect. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Crippen
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The very nice effect goes thus:

A pack of cards. Two business cards (or pieces of paper). A pen.

Participant shuffles the pack to his heart's content. Participant cuts pack into two heaps. He gives one to the performer, he keeps the other.

Each person removes a card from their half of the pack, notes the name of the card onto the business card or paper and leaves it face down on the table, without the other person having seen what was written.

The cards are replaced in the halves, the halves shuffled by both parties. The halves are switched and the participant is instructed to search through their new half of the pack, looking for a card that they think might belong to the performer. The performer does the same with his half of the pack, looking for the participant's card. The cards are removed and placed face down on the table.

Participant reveals the writing on his business card, showing the name of his card. Performer turns his card over - it matches participant's written card.

Performer reveals the name of the card he has written on his business card. To the participant's amazement, the participant has removed the performer's wrritten card!

No secret added wrriting, nw's, etc.

Great effect.

entity
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
Entity,

Thank you. This is exactly the information I needed. Now all is clear.

Saludos,

Crippen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rich Bloch's lecture note version of a 2 card prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL