We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magick Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Ok, it's time to remind everyone of the world's longest running Bizarre Magick Gathering, The 13th Annual Inner Circle Of Bizarre Magick annual Gathering of the Magi on November 11 - 13 2004 in Cromwell, CT (USA). This year's guest of honor is none other than infamous Sideshow dude, Todd Robbins.

Here's a link:
http://www.icbmmagick.com/pages/Gathering2004.html

I attended about 7 (or 8) of these and they are ALWAYS a blast! This is more like a party including the who's who of Bizarre Magick (ok, there are lectures, performances, works-in-progess, Bizarre Magick dealers, etc.).

Further info contact: Joe Cabral, 115 Pinehurst Ave., Waterbury CT 06705
TEL. 203-757-1463

Hope to see many of the fellow Magic Caférs there!

Magickally,
Dave Birtwell
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Anthony Rose will be there, as will (probably) the rest of The Trinity.

best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3047 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
The 13th Annual -- how marvelous! It sounds like a grand time (unfortunately, obligations prevent me from going).

I'll definitely be there in spirit.

Best,
Neil
http://www.SupernaturalChicago.com

P.S. Tony, I'm counting on you to give me a full report when you get back!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Neil,
Of course!
best regards,
Tony
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
For those interested, it is probably the most intimate convention around. Sure, there are great lectures and performances, but what make the ICBM convention special is the people.

Last year my wife and I flew to Connecticut for the convention--all the way from the outskirts of civilization--Iowa. We had no idea what to expect, perhaps slaughtered goats and little kindergartners? Maybe I should stop here, before I give to much away, and encourage you to attend this year's convention. It was one of the most enjoyable weekends we have had--as evidenced by less than nine hours sleep in three days, way too much laughing, and a lot of great new friends.

I can't wait for this year's convention.

Take care,
Craig Wilson
Tspall
View Profile
Regular user
Lumberton, NC
147 Posts

Profile of Tspall
If the pictures and reputation are any indication, this would be one of THE gatherings a magician would want to attend. I look forward to hearing all about it.
Tony
"It's showtime!!"
My magic blog:
http://ahora_mismo.blogspot.com/
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Tspall:

Quote:
On 2004-08-22 11:08, Tspall wrote:
If the pictures and reputation are any indication, this would be one of THE gatherings a magician would want to attend. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Why not attend? This Gatering is interested to ANYONE with an interest in Bizarre Magick?

Magickally,
Dave Birtwell

Whoops, I meant to say "The Gathering is open to ANYONE with an interest in Bizarre Magick."

I pushed "submit reply" too soon.

Dave
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think that you can just hit the edit button and make corrections if I'm not mistaken. I do it ALL the time.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Slim King:

Quote:
I think that you can just hit the edit button and make corrections if I'm not mistaken. I do it ALL the time.

Thanks ... I wasn't aware of this.
Dave
Tspall
View Profile
Regular user
Lumberton, NC
147 Posts

Profile of Tspall
Dave,

I'd love to go, but it's strictly for financial reasons that I'm not going. I'm hoping in the next couple of years I can treat myself to actually going to it.
Tony
"It's showtime!!"
My magic blog:
http://ahora_mismo.blogspot.com/
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
All:

Ok, just a reminder that this even is happening this Thursday. To everone who says they can't attend and wishes to ... START SAVING SOME MONEY NOW!!!

These event are announced about 10 month in advance. If ya can't save up the $$$ in 10 months, then I guess you really don't want to go. Just hold off on purchasing the next big thing in magic, or sell some stuff on eBay. TSPALL, I'm not picking on you, but just pointing out that a year is not a long time to save $1000 (this includes air faire, food, single rooms , spending money for stuff, etc... for those who can drive there, or split a romm, the price goes WAY down). The event is only $185 for 3 days including a Sat. night dinner & show. This is one of the more affordable Gatherings (conventions) period ... and one of the best.

So, if you'd love to hang out with the "names" in Bizarre Magick, start saving NOW. This year, in attendance will be Brother Shadow, Docc Hilford, Todd Robbins, Ed Solomon, Bob Neale, Mary Tomich (I think), and many others.

Magickally,
Dave Birtwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magick Gathering (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL