The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which DVD do you suggest I get first.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
Judging by over all quality"

Brainstorm 1-2

On the Loose 1-4

Easy to Master Card Miracles 1-3

Card Stunts

Thanks my peeps...I also hope this question isn't too redundent!!!!
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get Easy To Master Card Miracles.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I'd go for Brainstorm: Magic of John G.

I admire his works. A must have for every card worker.

have fun in magic! Smile
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
To make things harder on you, I'm going to have to say On the Loose. Each DVD has tons of useful material that kills. Bill Malone is also entertaining to watch. His Invisible Deck routine inspired me to perform the effect again!

Marty
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
What is your current skill level?

What are your current goals in magic?
Drive Carefully
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
I'd go with Malone, since I have ETMCM and I enjoy Malone better-
Jonatan Bank
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
I would say I'm intermediate(sp) My goals are to amaze my audience and myself while I'm at it. Also, to be *** good at it. Hope this helps.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
On the Loose all the way Smile
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I would recommend John G'x Brainstorm double set! IT gets my vote for the sheer volume of useable working material you can get - the frog twisting routine and Snow Aces are absolutely audience-killers. Ballet Cut is simply...a graceful card flourish which can be incorporated in any card routine!
Keep up the good work John - thanks for sharing your infectious brand of card magic with us!
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Pants-
You picked some of the most highly commercial dvds on the market. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I've got all of them and love them all.
The differnce for me was the ease of adapting the tricks into my personal routine.
I love John G's stuff because it is similar, yet different to a lot of popular effects, and packs a solid punch. His delivery style is almost identical to mine so his magic was a great fit for me.
But, Malone is amazing and the dvds are full of solid magic that I've been able to use.
Because you said "intermediate", I'd go with Brainstorm or OTL.
However, Ammar's first three dvds are full of tricks that every card magician should know. And, Wilson, is an amazing man to watch perform, his ability to mesmerize and audience is amazing.
Really...you would probably love all those dvds, I know I do.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Pants-
You picked some of the most highly commercial dvds on the market. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I've got all of them and love them all.
The differnce for me was the ease of adapting the tricks into my personal routine.
I love John G's stuff because it is similar, yet different to a lot of popular effects, and packs a solid punch. His delivery style is almost identical to mine so his magic was a great fit for me.
But, Malone is amazing and the dvds are full of solid magic that I've been able to use.
Because you said "intermediate", I'd go with Brainstorm or OTL.
However, Ammar's first three dvds are full of tricks that every card magician should know. And, Wilson, is an amazing man to watch perform, his ability to mesmerize and audience is amazing.
Really...you would probably love all those dvds, I know I do.
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
298 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Go with ETMCM, although I like Bill Malone better I feel that ETMCM is a great starting set.
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
Thanks yalls for the great tips and info bits!!! I plan on making my moe by next week so keep the info coming if ya can!!!

Pants
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
The ETMCM series - Michael Ammar
Encyc. of Card Sleights - Daryl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which DVD do you suggest I get first.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL