The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Symbology Deck - ESP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Symbology Deck - ESP
Any comments is appreciated.

I found the product here:
http://www.symbology-deck.com/
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I love mental effects. This deck would be ideal!
Thanks for letting us know KJellstrom.
Gerard
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Interesting. My initial impression is that they are a bit "over the top" and unfamiliar. I've never had anyone question standard ESP cards and at some point almost everyone has seen them. JMO.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Dealer in europe selling Symbology:
http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/

I just ordered a deck, I may write a review in the future...
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
I'm going to Sydney, Australia for a week tomorrow, where they sell these Symbology cards. And I will go to have a look at this deck of cards, and it's highly possible I will pick up a deck. If so I will post a review some time later on this week.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Read the details about the Symbology Deck:

Designed to look like a psychic testing kit but unlike ESP cards the Symbology deck has four coloured suits of 13 symbols, 52 cards in total. The Cards are marked using the Boris Wild marking system, invisible to the layperson but proven by world champion magicians to be the most effective under fire.

The science of signs working for you. Symbology is a system like no other. It allows you to do just about any trick you can think of, mental, predictive, sympathetic, transpostition, mind reading without using playing cards.

It's a new angle for close-up magicians, a revolutionary opportunity for cold-readers and a mentalists dream come true.

Includes a beautifully produced deck of Symbology cards, a comprehensive booklet which includes 7 fully described routines from Simon Aronson, Boris Wold, Mark Leveridge and Sean Taylor. Handling tips, patter tips.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2004-08-20 19:53, GaryW wrote:
Interesting. My initial impression is that they are a bit "over the top" and unfamiliar. I've never had anyone question standard ESP cards and at some point almost everyone has seen them. JMO.

I think anyone vaguely familar with regular ESP cards would recognise these cards. They 'news' symbols are they same style as the original cards.

I think what Sean has done here is to create a deck which bridges the gap between card tricks and mentalism.

Often mentalism effects using cards come across as 'card tricks'. With these cards you can create a strong image of 'real' mentalism .

Looks like a good idea to me.

(but I'm a friend of Seans so I'm biased.)
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Today (monday) Sean Taylor shipped my esp deck to my mailbox.
About one week from Australia to sweden.

This new clever esp deck will probably be my favourite gimmicked/marked deck. Smile

Ex. of effects you can do with this new Esp Deck:
http://www.symbology-deck.com/symbolistic_repository.htm
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Kjellstrom
when can you give us a full review of the deck and effects with it?
thanks
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
When I have the deck in my hands, but I need some time to test it out first.

I hope its possible to faro shuffle this deck, that would make my day Smile
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Just received a set - a couple of hours ago - from The Card Collection. The cards are everything that Sean has said about them, and I was particularly pleased to find a few "special" cards included. The booklet also looks excellent at first glance.

But what really took my breath away was the way that Sean has incorporated the "Fourth Principle" - you really need to look extremely closely to find it, even when you know it's there!

Barry
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Any news???
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Mark Leveridge is now selling this clever marked ESP deck:
http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/

Sells it for only £20.00, nice prize...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Tiny review:
Today a parcel came from Australia to sweden a long journey Smile

Wow, this esp mentalist deck of cards by Sean Taylor is like a small devils deck of cards!!!

3 extra cards are provided in the card case: they are very useful for many routines. A forty pages detailed booklet is included with several routines and some useful tips on further reading...

The quality and the back design is outstanding, I even tried to faro shuffle this cards and it worked out. Faro is great if you work with a mirror/stay stack.

Im not a "real" mentalist but this colorful esp deck may be a great new approach for the old esp cards.

This will probably one of the greatest tools for an mentalist or even a magician.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have now stacked this esp deck in Joyal Memo Stack Order and it works like a dream.
If you are a mentalist or a magician that like mental magic, this is a very powerful new concept.

When you show these esp cards in Joyal Stack Order it looks a big mess of Esp Symbols.

Any memo effect you like is now possible to do with the new Esp Deck by Sean Taylor.
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
104 Posts

Profile of chanor
The Symbology Deck is one of my favorite tools. There are actually spectators who don't play cards and who don't know a spade from a club. This deck appeals to everyone, and can even be used for children. The more one thinks, the more uses can be imagined.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Made by Carta Mundi:
http://www.cartamundi.com/
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Kjellstrom
does the symobology deck come with instructions etc
to help you to set it up
in to a stay st*ck?
or did you convert it into the joyal stack yourself
and if so could you give me some hints as to how
I havent bought this deck yet
but I think I'm about too!
thanks
Matt
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
It ESP symbol has a implicity numerical value. I.e. each symbol can be represented by a number even though the number is not visible on the card.

The four colours each match a suit.

This means you can use pretty much ANY stack you like. Sean shows si stebbins but also recommends the BTCS.
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
The osterling BTCS will also work with this deck?
if that's the case then I'm ordering
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Symbology Deck - ESP (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL