The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » A Visit with Michael Close... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RudolfRassen
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of RudolfRassen
I went to Vegas last week and was lucky enough to see Michael Close at the Houdini Lounge at the Monte Carlo Hotel.

I had a terrific time. I listen to him play the piano for a while (he was quite good...) and then I introduced myself. We talked for a while and he gave me some pointers on doing Faro shuffles. We talked a bit about what he like that was new that he liked. He recommended David Regal's "Constant Fooling" books as well as Aaron Fisher's new book. He performed some routine's from Aaron Fisher's book (does anyone know the title and whether it's out yet?), which were quite good. He also did "Stolen Cards", which although I knew the effect, still impressed me in person. I'll have to pick it up one of these days. He also did Gary Plant's "Magnetized Cards" for another table, which impressed all.

While I was there, someone was taking pictures of the Houdini Lounge in preparation for the September issue of Magic Magazine - Mike said he would be on the cover. He also told me that he was working with Penn and Teller for their new show at the Rio hotel. He said that they are going to sign a contract with the hotel for a permanent theater contract (the Samba theatre is going to become the "Penn and Teller" theatre).

In all, I had a great time and I am looking forward to the next time I am there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » A Visit with Michael Close... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL