The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » blindfolds/tape/coins/etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I know this might seem like a silly question to some of you. However, I am putting together a mentalism show and wondered where to find information on doing the routine where coins are placed over your eyes followed by tape and a blindfold. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Several places to learn. One is from The Mental Mysteries of Wm. Larsen Sr., One is from the Blindfold Book by Eddie Joseph and the other is from Jack Dean's Psycic Sight at:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View......24840310
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
Try Tarbell Volume #6. Just one chapter but it contains a load of information on "X-ray vision", blindfolds with our without plasters, gauze pads etc. stuck beneath them - even driving while blindfolded (but don't invite me along for the trip!) - Plus, you also get the rest of the book with chapters covering other useful stuff, including a decent chapter on "mind reading mysteries"!

Huw
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5346 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
David Hoy’s “The Bold and Subtle Miracles of Dr. Faust” has the full explanation of a very nice blindfold act. It includes the coins, tape and blindfold that you were asking about. In my opinion it is one of the best available and for less then $10.00 USD!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Go to Hades Publications on line they have several books by Stephan Minch, Burling Hull and others on this topic. I also recommend tapping the folks at Abbotts on the shoulder and asking about Eddie Joseph's "Intuitional Sight" (it's messy but fun!)

The biggest thing you will want to do is take some acting lessons. The Blindfold requires some very strong acting ability and few evolve into that role well.

You may want to review the Falkenstein & Willard videos (Steven's Magic) by L&L... it's an excellent treatise on this subject and more!

Best of luck!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I can always count on the guys in this forum to give me good advice quickly...Thank you all...now, I have some work to do!
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Big cheer for Darmoe. If you can ACT the part well, you can just wrap a scarf round your head and convince people you can't see a darn thing. If you can't ACT the part, then even with half a pound of dough, two silver dollars, surgical tape and a diver's helmet with all the windows blacked out, people won't believe you.

The belief ("that guy can't see a thing") comes from you, not the props.

Incidentally, this may be one of those areas where there's a trend on the verge of a cliche. Everyone seems to be using the same blindfolding procedure, possibly because Marc Salem has popularised it (and he's excellent!). Wouldn't it be nice to come up with a few new twists on the "I can't see" routine?

[No offence to KnightMagic, and I'm not accusing you of lacking originality! It's just a thought.]
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:

Incidentally, this may be one of those areas where there's a trend on the verge of a cliche. Everyone seems to be using the same blindfolding procedure, possibly because Marc Salem has popularised it (and he's excellent!). Wouldn't it be nice to come up with a few new twists on the "I can't see" routine?

[No offence to KnightMagic, and I'm not accusing you of lacking originality! It's just a thought.]

You might be right about that. I have recently thought about finding out about those particular blindfold methods mentioned above. It strange how these trends come about sometimes. I haven't seen Marc although I have a ticket to see him in Edinburgh next Sunday. I have seen these blind fold routines done on TV and in social club acts many years ago so they are nothing new. But it is strange how these things come around in trends.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:
them - even driving while blindfolded (but don't invite me along for the trip!) - Plus,
Huw

Ive always wanted to do a blindfold drive in an expensive car along Princes Street in Edinburgh I think it would be so much fun assuming I survived. I know this has been done many times in the US but has anything like this been done in the UK? And if so where and when?
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Quote:
On 2002-08-12 15:00, Ian Rowland wrote:
Big cheer for Darmoe. If you can ACT the part well, you can just wrap a scarf round your head and convince people you can't see a darn thing. If you can't ACT the part, then even with half a pound of dough, two silver dollars, surgical tape and a diver's helmet with all the windows blacked out, people won't believe you.

The belief ("that guy can't see a thing") comes from you, not the props.

I'll have to try to track him down again...there's a young man in North Carolina that does a blindfold that's very cool... Packed Aluminum Foil and if I remember right, duct tape... this thing covers his whole face and head... no way to do any of the "known" methods (that I can see)... a real mindblower!

Mentioning that dough Ian, brought up bad memories... I think I'm still pulling bits of that stuff out of my hair from ten years ago... the effect that keeps giving Smile (at least it's good when times are hard... biscuits come in handy for the post show Readings and dinner.)

On the more serious level, I'm pretty darn certain several folks have done a Blindfold Drive in the UK... Fogel and probably Al Koran spring to mind... If I'm not mistaken Majax did one through France in the early 80s... Knowing how narrow some of the roads are (and how crazy the drivers can be)I'd have to say that such a stunt could certainly take on some interesting characteristics there.

Falkenstein in tape 3 of their series, covers the drive to some degree... you might want to take a look at it.

I probably do the drive about six to ten times a year as a special promotion. I've found a strange thing happening as far as public response to it... twenty years ago more people saw it as something "amazing" and in the past year, I've literally seen people ignore what was happening... even when I went through a McDonald's Drive thru... the girl didn't pay attention to the fact that I had a dark fabric hood over my face (and we wonder how terrorist can sneak around and do things in this country???)

I think this "change" of reception has come as a side effect... a society that really has seen just about everything... in order to get a positive reaction we must go to a new level of extreme. AS to what that is, I couldn't say presently, but it is something to think about.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
The main thing to remember about working with blindfolds is that the actual effect you are doing should be just as strong without the blindfold as it is with it. A great effect to do with a blindfold to demostrate "Dermo-optic Perception" is D.O.P.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View......27325310
(I only have three and will offer it to Magic Cafe members with postage paid if they would like one).
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:

I probably do the drive about six to ten times a year as a special promotion. I've found a strange thing happening as far as public response to it... twenty years ago more people saw it as something "amazing" and in the past year, I've literally seen people ignore what was happening... even when I went through a McDonald's Drive thru... the girl didn't pay attention to the fact that I had a dark fabric hood over my face (and we wonder how terrorist can sneak around and do things in this country???)

I think this "change" of reception has come as a side effect... a society that really has seen just about everything... in order to get a positive reaction we must go to a new level of extreme. AS to what that is, I couldn't say presently, but it is something to think about.

How about sitting on the bonnet blind folded and tied up driving the car with your mind.

Smile
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
Quote:

I'll have to try to track him down again...there's a young man in North Carolina that does a blindfold that's very cool... Packed Aluminum Foil and if I remember right, duct tape... this thing covers his whole face and head... no way to do any of the "known" methods (that I can see)... a real mindblower!

I live in North Carolina. I have never heard of anyone doing this. I hope you can remember his name!

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Blurr

He did this thing on line a year or so back where he "died" "Live" on line... lives on one of the coastal islands... does some cool cold read work using law enforcement profiling methods... can't remember his name to save my life. Smile (I so miss my good brain cells Smile ) Smile
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Come on Craig...think Dam it , THINK! THINK HARD !
I live in North Carolina, Raleigh, 2 hours away from most of the coastal islands,...
Who is this man you speak of ? WHO ?

USE your precognitive powers, THINK, CONCENTRATE !

I just finished ordering your "Psychic Technologies" the least you can do is come up with this guys name.

Dig deeeeeep Man, into you subconscious mind, all the answers lay dormant, all you have to do is search....push those sleepy brain cells aside and talk to the active ones.

Alright,...I understand if you cant.

E-Leoni.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Smile

STOP IT! You're killing me E-Leoni...

I haven't laughed that hard in a very hard time. Smile
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I live in Raleigh as well. I can only think of 1 person who may have done this. Jim Passe. But its not his style. I am at a loss as to who else it could have been.

Chad
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Sorry guys... the only clues I can give you (in that I've forgotten this guys name) is that he did this live stunt set around a suicide on line about a year back where he was clinically dead... Smile come to think of it, he posted an announcement on M&L... I'll do a search at KJMagic too... we'll find out who's who.
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Chad.....?
Is that you Chad......?

Dude,..are you like Jesus Christ...? Have you risen from the dead?

It is ...CHAD...Welcome back CHAD.

Everybody....CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD! CHAD!

YOu rise...Like the phoenix, you burned yourself, at 179 posts, then you rose rejuvenated from your ashes.

Hail CHAD. For he is back. Welcome back.
Seriously, nice to see you again...alias friend.

E-Leoni.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Yes! The King has arisen!!

and I am standing up too.

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » blindfolds/tape/coins/etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL