The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate Ring And String (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Barney
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Stephen Barney
Just got this and and I think it is great I was wondering if any of you have any ideas about resets for table hopping etc

Stephen
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1074 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>Just got this and and I think it is great I
>was wondering if any of you have any ideas
>about resets for table hopping etc

Really? I didn't think it was too good. Maybe I'll have to revisit it. The only way I see resetting it quickly and quietly is excusing yourself to the bathroom.
Stephen Barney
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Stephen Barney
Curious Why did this move?

Stephen

I have an Idea for making it table hoppable but if you want the method you need to PM me

Stephen
simage
View Profile
New user
Idaho
30 Posts

Profile of simage
I don't know, I just got it and I think it is pretty cool.

I would have preferred written text along with the video, however, I was able to learn it in less than a day with the video anyway. I was performing it for family the next day. As far as table hopping: it would be difficult to reset, unless one had special "things" added to one's coat.... or something. I won't be using it in that venue, so I have no problem. As well, without written text, one gets very bound into the routine performed on the video, and I will probably do the video routine until I get very comfortable with it. All in all, a good trick...... but a little pricey!
Definitely a nerd, in science, technology, and magic.
John
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of John
I am interested in ring and string routines - particularly those using a 4" ring rather than a finger ring. Could you tell me whose routine is "Ultimate Ring and String"?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1074 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>I am interested in ring and string
>routines - particularly those using a 4"
>ring rather than a finger ring. Could you
>tell me whose routine is "Ultimate Ring and
>String"?

It's Jay Leslie's (I think that's his name). Same guy who does the straight jacket escape video. However, this routine uses specific Asian-style gaffs which are 3 inches (maybe 2?) and are solid except for a small hole in the center. So this may turn you off if you're looking for a routine that utilizes a 4" ring.

Brian
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Quote:
On 2002-11-29 16:33, John wrote:
I am interested in ring and string routines - particularly those using a 4" ring rather than a finger ring.

You can check out Scott F Guinn's Ring and String routine. It is a multi-phase routine which is very good for table hopping.
Bernard Sim
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I think that the "Ultimate Ring and String" is very pricey and impractical for restaurant work. His new gimmick is --in my opinion-- a needless embellishment. I would recommend Greg Wilson's "Ring Leader" instead.

Leslie does have an interesting routine with a new twist (i.e., draping the cord over the neck)--I just think it's an expensive way to get the routine. Such as they are, the props are also excellently made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate Ring And String (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL