The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your thoughts on wonder readings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Franmonet
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Franmonet
I'm thinking of buying Wonder Readings by Kenton Knepper but would like to hear more about it, from people who have bought It already.

Thanks.
Heck is for people who don't believe in gosh
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I have it and it's a mixed bag. There are definitely some great things worth knowing, and I'm fairly sure you'll get your money's worth if you study it.

That said, I have spoken with people well-versed in NLP who feel it is a waste of time, so I think it depends on your level of knowledge.

Regards,

David.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
David, did the people well-versed in NLP think it was a waste of time because it was stuff they already knew, or because they thought it was incorrect?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Sorry, should have elaborated. They felt it was a waste of time because they were already familiar with the concepts.

Regards,

David.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
I agree with bartlewizard. I think it has a good amount of usable material, but there is some material, depending on your act/style, you may never use.

I think it is a fairly good intro into the world of cold reading.
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Like many professionals, Kenton has gems that are worth the price of his works, and things that are just so so. This is true for Wonder Readings. To the best of my knowledge, it is one of his first major collaborations with Rex Sikes one of the NLP proponents. I do not know your level of reading expertise. If you are just starting into cold reading, I suggest you go for the less pricey material on the market. A search of the cold reading topic in the Café will give you plenty of references. Hope this helps.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Franmonet
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Franmonet
Thanks guys your advice is appreciated. I think I will hold off on buying this and take Lee's advice and start with less pricey items. again thanks.
Heck is for people who don't believe in gosh
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I was doing cold reading before I got the book but I would have to say if I had to have one cold reading book ever It would have to be Ian Rowlands, I'm definetly a fan.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your thoughts on wonder readings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL