The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed out vs. Radar deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I have great experiences with RADAR DECK. I never tried TOSSED-OUT in a show. They are quite similar, but I prefer the RADAR DECK. What's your favourite?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Both are exceptional. The major advantage of the tossed-out deck is that the entertainer never has to handle it after it is tossed out. It is hands off and so plays like mentalism. However, the radar deck is also extremely effective in the right settings.
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
I prefer the Radar Deck. I get great Reactions every time I do it.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I'm gonna say Radar deck---plus it's extra fun to watch Osterlind's performance on MM Volume 1 over and over again. Smile
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I'm not a big card person. I've found that if too many card effects are done, the audience grown inwardly thinking "not another card effect". I have so many of the things and still I say I'm not a card person. I can't help planning to obtain a Radar Deck, though. Perhaps I'll switch effects in performances, as it is a fabulous effect.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2004-08-25 17:05, Scott b. wrote:
I'm gonna say Radar deck---plus it's extra fun to watch Osterlind's performance on MM Vol. 1 over and over again. Smile

Yes, that`s right! I like the funny blond guy in the audience, I forgot his name, who is present in a lot of magic videos! His reactions are worth to watch the videos! He he.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi name is John, and he is everybody's preffered magic audience/participant. Everything will succeed with this guy. He is your ticket man.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2004-08-25 15:45, david_a_whitehead wrote:
The major advantage of the tossed-out deck is that the entertainer never has to handle it after it is tossed out.

I have never used the Radar Deck, but this is the reason why I love so much the tossed-out deck. I love the fact that the entertainer does not have to handle it again once tossed out.

I also love Max Maven's approach in his videos where he asks for the deck letting it fall to the floor. Sometime, I even pick it up once the effect is finished and give "it" away to a member of the audience
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
I also love Max Maven's approach in his videos where he asks for the deck letting it fall to the floor. Sometime, I even pick it up once the effect is finished and give "it" away to a member of the audience

I love Max Maven's version as well I don't really understand what letting the deck hit the floor does to improve the effect. Yes, I get what he is saying but my impression is that the audience does not. I like to say, "There is something unusual about red, who is thinking of a red card?" If no one answers, I say "that is unusual" If they raise their hand I ask, "But you are not trying to send send me the word unusual are you?" They respond "no" I continue the word you are sending me is odd, you are thinking of an odd red card!" I must say that this little touch get a big reaction. Give it a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed out vs. Radar deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL