The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favourite new purchases. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
My "M" key must be malfunctioning!

ACK!
xxx
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Informatico principle! kiki
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I agree with Bennettjc and Tom DeVoe, O.D.D.S. I have replaced the cards included with my business cards, hand written on the reverse. I think this provides an ideal reason to introduce the cards as well as leaving the spectator with a practical keepsake.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Hi Guys I thought I would jump in on this post as it mentions O.D.D.S How does this differ from Richards "Extra sensory perception" that's on his ETMMM disc 1 is it a different routine alltogether? Thanks in advance Mike
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
On the topic of "OODS" I first tried to make the included cards more effective by coloring their backs with black magic marker. It got the intended job done but being cardboard they were quite difficult to spead.

I then decided to make my own cards. I don't have business cards so I decided to use index cards. I went to the local "Staples" and saw some nice looking light green cards and decided to use those. The stock was still a bit thin so I rubbercemented two cards together, lined side to lined side, to come up with a nice heavy card. Then I saw some of that do it yourself lamination paper and got that.

I wrote the words on the card in pen and then laminanted them. They are quite nice looking and sturdy while not appearing like purchased props.

And they spread well. However, after doing the routine many times I realized that for me it was better if the spectators cut the cards rather than picking them from a spread, as Mr. Osterlind recommends. I appreciate his perspective of wanting this effect to be as far away as a card trick as possible but for me asking them to cut the deck (I say "split the deck in half" rather than "cut" to the spectator)
leads to an ever more "hands off" approach. In fact, the spectator can make the selection and do the work with your back turned.

I'd also like to recommend highly the recommendation made in an earlier post by "Bananafish" to substitute certain words with others.

Duplicate Away!
Bennett
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 04:31, Magicmike221 wrote:
Hi Guys I thought I would jump in on this post as it mentions O.D.D.S How does this differ from Richards "Extra sensory perception" that's on his ETMMM disc 1 is it a different routine alltogether? Thanks in advance Mike

Extra Sensory Preception is actually Annemann's. Can also be found in the first few issues of the Jinx (where I first learned it).
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Quote:
On 2004-08-31 04:47, teejay wrote:
Shrink's IA book.

Cheers.

TJ

Could someone tell me if it's still possible to find the IA pad ?
Thank you in advance
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 04:31, Magicmike221 wrote:

In annemann's "Extra sensory perception" the spectator chooses a design and you duplicate it, with "ODDS" the spectator chooses a subject and you both draw a design at the same time.
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
The Dark Museum by Doug Higley. I've been closing my show with a routine built around it and it's going down a storm !
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Moulten Metal (spoon bend). Used it a few times same day I received it strolling.
Must be used with overall metal bending demonstration.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Liquid metal DVD. Fork bending with a totally bent and twisted souvenir at the end.

Not in the mentalism realm: Street shells and SFS Shell game DVD
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Shalosh3 by Nimrod Haarel.

"Lair Peek" is IMO the best billet peek method.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Paramiricals, and The Books of Wonder I, most recent purchases, both gems. Otherwise, I have been hot on everythign I have recieved from Osterlind. And anything I have learned from Jeff Sheridan. A great thinker on mentalism which nobody usually notices.

As to the ODDS, I made mine with black cards, opaque, with white lettering and had them laminated. solves all the problems for me. I also excluded the x,q,and z cards from the stack because they seem to tip the idea of a stack system, why else would you have one word for every letter in the alphabet?
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Symbology Deck is one of my latest mentalist tool.
You can find info here about this very special ESP deck:
http://www.symbology-deck.com/
jsleight
View Profile
New user
Windsor, On. Canada
3 Posts

Profile of jsleight
I just recently picked up Morgan Strebler's Liquid Metal. Actually from the man himself. I was in Vegas just on vacation and was invited to a magic meeting. I met Morgan and I was just amazed at his liquid metal routine. I've seen some metal bending befor but I was not really impressed. When Morgan did his routine for me I was in awe. Not just at the routine but with the smoothness and flow of everything that happened. So I bought the DVD from him and have been working on it for a month. It is beautiful. I only wish I had found it sooner. Last night for the first time I did the routine for a bunch of people and it was amazing. I can't describe the feeling, but I definitely love this DVD.
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
'Peek a thought' - I initially hated this device until I released that with a pair ofs scissor it fit into a standard underground 'oyster' train ticket holder. having a lot of fun with it now.
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Act Two
Prism
Bosko
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Bosko
PRISM???!!!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
See some talk about Shrink's IA pad,can someone tell me and others what it is and where to get it.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
My new business cards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favourite new purchases. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL