The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Metal Bending Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Which ones should I buy to learn the best techniques while not wasting on repeat material.

Banachecks - Psychokinetic Silverware
Bavlis - Bending Minds Bending Metal
Patrick Kuffs - Metal Bending Video (not sure of name)

Thanks
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Gotta go with Banachek on this one
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Mezmer
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
64 Posts

Profile of Mezmer
Banacheks is very good. The Patrick Kuffs video is much longer and has many more bends and techniques. All the stuff from Banachek video is on the Kuffs video. You get more techniques and effects on the Kuffs video. Do not get me wrong the Banachek video is
good. If you are just getting into bending go for the Kuffs video.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
You are leaving out a very good source in your list: Richard Osterlind! Richard's video, Mind Mysteries Vols. 3 & 4 both have some wonderful ideas on this very issue. Volume 3 is spoon pending, volume 4 involves bending spikes.

I am by no means discounting the value or quality on the others, just feel that Richard should definitely be added in there for completeness.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Excuse me, but I need to correct something here, not "ALL MY BENDS" are on the Kuffs video, there are quite a few that are not. Such as the bending performed by other people, without going into too much detail.

Also I teach all the psychology needed rather than just bends. The psychology to me is the most important part of the metal bending arsenal. You will get caught without it. To me, this is the real work behind metal bending.

Thanks
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey what happened to the 3rd choice. BAVLI does this mean I'm better off without it ??
J.A.Crosman
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
3 Posts

Profile of J.A.Crosman
From what I have go for Banacheck. But Some new bends are on the PSI series by Banacheck volume 4. He teaches some great bends. nail, key, fork etc...
Also, Explicit content by Sean Fields is a great book for bending!

Josh.
Good things take time, but great things happen all at once!
Josh.
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Bavli has some great ideas!
But my real advice here is that it might take more than 1 video to get the understanding to bending objects. After all not only are there several methods there are several good objects as well. Banachek's videos PSI Series would also be a good pick. There are some wonderful ideas with keys and nails. Like anything in magic, the more you know the better off you are! Research is a part of practice!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

I would like to add a little history here. I don't remember how long ago it was that I first met Banachek in Houston, but it had to be at least 12 to 15 years ago. (Maybe longer). He, Heidi and I went to a back room where he did some spoon and fork bending for me and I WAS BLOWN AWAY. My attention to that kind of worked was immediately fueled and I have been working on metal bending every since. I suspect quite a few others have been inspired over the years by his work.

Banachek has a very disarming personality. You never catch him doing anything sneaky and the bending always just seems to happen. His technique is smooth and natural and he pays the same kind of attention to the "moves" as noted card workers spend on theirs. In addition he uses methods of all types that completely throw you off the track. As Banachek himself pointed out, what you really have to pay attention to is "attitude." That more than anything will help you succeed with this kind of work. If you have his videos, you need to watch him again and again and really analyze what he is doing. After 4 or 5 viewings, you will begin to see all the small details of his presentation that make it so effective.

The reason metal bending is so powerful is it appears to demonstrate a "force." Like the power shooting out of Gandalf's staff or Potter's wand, it really touches upon what we instinctively believe magic to be. Some consider this work to be getting a bit old, but I see no signs of audiences tiring of these demonstrations. I'm sure there will be many more new ideas coming down the line.

Richard
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Banacheck's Pk silverware is amazing.
He is the king of metal bending, learn from him.
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Are these techiques easy to work with and practical. And is the bending as impressive and visual as say HEALED AND SEALED SODA CAN ?
Mezmer
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
64 Posts

Profile of Mezmer
Banacheks videos have MUCH better psychology involved than in the Kuffs video. The Kuffs video just teaches more bends and seems to me to be presented more as mental magic. After reviewing both videos I stand corrected. All of Banacheks ideas are not on the Kuffs video. I still like both and would recommend having both in your collection.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Thanks mezmer,,,,your new to the Café I see. welcome and keep in touch if you need any help.
deputyk911-4
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of deputyk911-4
What about the new video comming out? Liquid Metal Starring Morgan Strebler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Metal Bending Videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL