The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T&R effect which is the best? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Thanks, MagicChris for the reference. My version, which is a flash restoration with a card to pocket plot wrapped into one, is available at http://www.themagicanarchist.com/phoenixrising.html

It is incredibly simple to perform, and the flash truly adds to the effect. Dan Harlan called it "The most practical approach to T&R for the working professional." I think that says a lot about how easy it is, and how practical it is for the real world. I'll let you decide though. Smile

Later,
James
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Firstly and formost may I add that I am quite surprised that after reading some of the posts, no one has ever mentioned Resurrexion by Nigel Harris - a torn and restored card effect where the pieces are freely shown front and back with the spectator's signature in full view at all times while being restored - piece by piece. Another killer T & R effect is Seamless by Glen West (the NO-FOLDS) torn and restored card where the pieces of the card are visually FUSED together one at a time, morphing into it's original condition (one whole card with no creases)- and yes the card can be signed by the spectator before the effect. I saw the demo video - man, what a devestating effect if I can ever get my hands on it. Can anybody tell me where I can purchase the Seamless manuscript. I will keep a "look out" for it!!!
Thanks!
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Seamless is not available as a PDF no longer-- It will be released in DVD sometime this year I hear. also I am VERY VERY close to a demo video for Re-Atatched and will post when it is done--should be within a day or 2 I think.

Lance
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Thanks Lance - I'll keep a watchful eye for it. By the way, looking forward to your demo video of Re-Attached.

Later...
Jason234
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Jason234
No one has mentioned Zach Allen's HEAL or Tanner Wilson's Healing Touch. I have one of these so far and just posted a review in the Healing Touch thread.

Jason
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I bought Heal from Zach-it is a great idea, but I do not perform it no longer. I own a couple of Zachs ebooks. He has some good ideas......

The Healing Touch is too new to be the "Best" T&R, but I don't own it yet-but will soon I am sure as I crave knowledge when it comes to T&R's. The more routines I learn, the better I will be.

FADE, I cant wait till the video is done as I ran a contest and it is almost over. $100 in total prize money is what I was giving away for the best video-but I am paying 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Lastly, a fellow poster and magic creater, Tom Salinski (hopefully I spelled that right-and he created Signed and Sealed among other effects) learned my trick, Re-Attached, and revamped it to fit his style- you can see his video here

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=4893

This is NOT the same exact handling for Re-Attached though--I just wanna make that clear. Some things are the same some aren't from what he told me. At the end he credits me and Hollingworth. I love when people take an idea and make it into their own.

Lance

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Please inform us when your demo is up, can't really wait to see it.... ^_^
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Here is a teaser for the 1st restoration in Re-Attached-I didn't make this a thread on its own because Jean-Denis and I are still working together to get the demo where we are both happy-and he is doing a great job! Smile When a full demo is finished, we will let you know.

http://www.newmagicsecrets.com/lance/move.htm

Lance Ackerman

MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
I'm not sure if anyone else here still remembers Huron Low's "Fire in the Hole" T&R that was posted QUITE a while back. I've seen it in person, and it's one of my favourites as:

-Card is signed on both the front and back

-Card can be given out and examined after the effect... in fact, they can even keep the ***ed thing.

-No switches.

-Instant reset.

-Virtually angle-free

-Very, VERY visual and memorable.

Seriously, does anyone remember this at ALL? Smile

-Kev
dam0n
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of dam0n
Jst got to watch the demo of seamless...really is as straight foward as it gets,
how do you guys think this effect compares to that of Torn by Daniel Garcia?
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
No one mentioned the thing that got this all started. David Regals version in Star Quality!
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 22:40, tpdmagic wrote:
No one mentioned the thing that got this all started. David Regals version in Star Quality!

I did...

Quote:
On 2005-03-02 12:46, S.Segal wrote:
Another not mentioned in this thread was the first peice by peice restoration published (I think)... David Regal's routine from "Star Quality".

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Their both devestating effects. Only difference is TORN is now available on DVD and Seamless, well we're just gonna' have to wait when Glenn West decides to market the effect cuz' it's not out yet(?) - hmmm...

Fade
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I thought id chime in here I have a T&R effect that can be adapted to any magicians style I posted awhile back about a super color fusion kind of thing where you have four different colored backs instead of just 2. This super color fusion kind of thing can be done with my gaff. once it is made your set you can give the card away at the end. There is even a way to have it so you can do the first restoration and give it out for examination. I have showed gared crawford this and he says it looks good and the method is original. My original intensions for this was to recreat bits and pieces. I succeeded in recreating it but it does not use the same method it just looks the same. Except one this in bits and pieces the card is never folded its just ripped and restored. In mine you have to fold it but its still a nice gem to have in that nogen. Its one of the packs small plays big kind of tricks I have never been caught at it. I have performed it at least 100 times so far and I need somemore cards. if you wanted you could even use the gaffing process on money and have a torn and restored bill effect. Oh and if you end up reading this gared we need to meet up on msn again so I can teach you the rest of the effect.
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I first learned T&R from John Lovick's dvd Reparation and I'm still doing it. I always get good reaction from audiences. The effect is stunning with a spectator signs a card. The magician tear it into fourths and then restore it piece by piece. Without other T&R methods in my knowledge, I can't say whether it's the best or not.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T&R effect which is the best? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL